I am sure I'm doing something wrong, but I STILL cannot connect the webdt to my wireless. I have a nokia n800, which works fine. So let me try to write down, step by step, what I tried.
1. Boot up the webdt. No wireless, so it dumps me in ratpoison.
2. Push the network-config button on the bottom, type in the ESSID case-sensitive, select WEP, type in key1.
3. No go. In iwconfig, I get an invalid AP, but the ESSID is correct.
4. CTRL t, . and select bash terminal
5. touch /etc/network/configure_me
6. Set everything again.
7. ifdown eth0
8. ifup eth0
I get some errors here in step 8. Could someone show me the results of their steps 7 and 8, so I know which output to expect?