Author Topic: EIB Groupaddresses  (Read 10688 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
EIB Groupaddresses
« on: August 10, 2006, 12:31:52 am »
Hi there,

I ran into Pluto today when searching for an open source system to control my EIB installation. As far as I can tell by the system's documentation, Pluto certainly seems to fit the bill. In short: congrats for this great system. However, there also seem to be quite some topics not covered in the documentation.
Somewhere on this forum, the existence of a utility to import EIB groupaddresses from ETS is mentioned. How is this utility invoked and how is it used? By using the wizard, it seems that some kind of file needs to be read in order to be able to connect groupaddresses to a device. What file is this? Manual input of groupaddresses doesn't seem to be possible, so this file must be read in advance.

Kind regards,
Tweeva

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
EIB Groupaddresses
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 02:27:49 pm »
I cannot give you a short answer because the developer which added support for EIB has left the team.
But please fill a mantis report so that the problem can be analized and the answers will appear in wiki.
Thanks!

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
EIB Groupaddresses
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 04:35:24 pm »
I just added an EIB controller, and a device "dimmable light switch" as a child of it.  I set the device data Port/Channel Number to: 1/0/0|1/0/2

where the first is the group address for on/off, and the second for dim.  I added the light to my floorplan, and put it in a scenario, and it worked fine.  I'm not sure what happened with that utility to read the configuration file from ETS, but it's clearly not needed; it seems to be an optional way of making it easier to assign group addresses, but you can still do it by hand.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
EIB Groupaddresses
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:43:36 am »
Thanx aaron.b,

I will try this approach asap.
Did you figure this out by yourself, or did you find the procedure in the documentation?

eugen.c,
I will wait to file a mantis report untill I've tried this out.

kind regards,
tweeva