Author Topic: Alpha 10 installer  (Read 2571 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Alpha 10 installer
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:04:54 pm »
Just completed a reinstall on my hybrid M3N78-EM, using onboard nvidia video card and found two issues:

1) AVWizard would not display correctly after rebooting. Visible on the top left hand side of the screen was a short green bar, about half the width of the screen. Moving the mouse to the top left side of the screen the mouse pointer would become visible, but vanish anywhere else. I tried pressing 1 through 4, as well as Q and S... same result for each.

(I manually downloaded and installed nvidia drivers and all is now well)

2) The post-reboot iptables issue which I thought was a result of my previously botched install has persisted through this reinstall. Firewall disable/enable workaround still works.

Still going through testing and will report on anything else I find.

King

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha 10 installer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 12:22:34 am »
Don't know if your talking about the latest release (2.36), but I too have the same problem with my networking, specifically the interfaces being swapped (eth0 was internal after install). I have reinstalled a few times and now it is correct (eth0 is external), but still had to disable the firewall for my laptop to access the web( after re-enabling the firewall I can still access the web). But I also have another problem, the core will hand out addresses through DHCP but will not recognize my NAS or my laptops and another PC connected to the core. 
Core Running as Hybrid:
Asus P5N7A-VM Mobo
On Board NVIDIA Geforce 9300
Single 500G HD
PCI NIC
Currently running 8.10
No MD's Yet
Buffalo Linkstation NAS
Sharp Aquos LC-46SE94U