Step 1: Enable discovery on ZWave motion detector
- I have done that by releasing tamper button.
you need to first start the inclusion mode on your Aon Labs dongle with the button
Step 2: Associate ZWave motion detector via Web admin
- Do I do that as other ZWave devices by unplugging USB and pressing the inclusion button on it? I tried that but I don't see LED on USB turning on for 1 second as it did when I added other devices.
you are mixing addition and association, that are two different things
- Do I associate motion detector when USB is plugged in Core? What command do I send? I tried few commands but all of them ask for some input parameters, how do I know what to enter in input boxes?
- this is the device you want to configure, read out the port channel value from your sensor:
#239 NodeID (int) = Z-Wave node ID which associates some nodes in its group.
- this can be found in the manual of your sensor, probably "1":
# 249 Group ID (int) = The group number which includes the associated nodes.
- this is where it should send events to (the target nodes of your associaton group), proably one (when using the Aeon labs dongle):
# 250 Nodes List (string) or your node id (when using the Aeon labs dongle)
this is a different device, the instruction refers to multi instance child devices.