Author Topic: COntrolling MythTV witht the AirMouse?  (Read 3688 times)

jeffpk

• View Profile
COntrolling MythTV witht the AirMouse?
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:04:13 am »
Hi,

I bought an Air Mouse GO for my LnixMCE box with the assumption that I woudlo be able to control evreything with it, including my MythTV.  But I cant figure out how to control that with the mouse nor can I find anything googling.

A pointer to some instrutions would be very helpful.  Thanks

JK

jeffpk

• View Profile
Re: COntrolling MythTV witht the AirMouse?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:51:33 am »
After watching a video and doing some experimenting, it seems like the control part of LinuxMCE/MythTV is locking
up and not responding ti the air mouse.

Is there a setup guide somewher that might help me find what is wrong?

Im using an HDHomeRun as my only capture device if that has any bearing

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:18:27 am »
MythTV is not currently controllable via the airmouse. I am sorry.

It is one of the reasons I am doing a systematic port of all Myth UI bits to Orbiter, so that it can be controlled by virtually every single orbiter in the house (and by any remote that an on-screen Orbiter supports, such as the Go Mouse).

With that said, you may want to go to the 0810 alpha release currently in development. I have been making many changes to the UI which can make navigating with a Go Mouse much more pleasurable (I use one regularly, myself, alongside my Gyration MCR remote, and alternate between the two for UI testing, along with all the other supported devices that I have to do UI testing.)

-Thom

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 04:20:34 pm »
MythTV is not currently controllable via the airmouse. I am sorry.

It is one of the reasons I am doing a systematic port of all Myth UI bits to Orbiter, so that it can be controlled by virtually every single orbiter in the house (and by any remote that an on-screen Orbiter supports, such as the Go Mouse).

With that said, you may want to go to the 0810 alpha release currently in development. I have been making many changes to the UI which can make navigating with a Go Mouse much more pleasurable (I use one regularly, myself, alongside my Gyration MCR remote, and alternate between the two for UI testing, along with all the other supported devices that I have to do UI testing.)

-Thom

Is this for UI1 and UI2?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »
there are more variations than UI1, and UI2.

* Normal Horizontal 3:4 (used by OSD and non-OSD displays aka "UI1")
* Normal Horizontal 16:9 (modified for non-OSD widescreen displays)
* PDA 4:3
* Symbian 60 (aka Mobile Phone)
* V2 Normal Horizontal (UI2 OSD displays)
* SmallUI (used for small displays such as the Cisco 7970 UI)

And yes, I must do work for all of them. (if you guys didn't know these existed, you need to use the system more.) ;)

-Thom

jeffpk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 06:00:32 pm »
Thanks, Ill give the update a try.

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 06:39:50 pm »
there are more variations than UI1, and UI2.

* Normal Horizontal 3:4 (used by OSD and non-OSD displays aka "UI1")
* Normal Horizontal 16:9 (modified for non-OSD widescreen displays)
* PDA 4:3
* Symbian 60 (aka Mobile Phone)
* V2 Normal Horizontal (UI2 OSD displays)
* SmallUI (used for small displays such as the Cisco 7970 UI)

And yes, I must do work for all of them. (if you guys didn't know these existed, you need to use the system more.) ;)

-Thom

I know you're stance on variations, or at least I think I do.  By UI1 and UI2 I was referring to all variations of each.  I just wasn't sure if you were doing this only for [all variations] of UI1.

Good news indeed.  I have a Go AirMouse that sits collecting dust because I am in Myth more than half the time.  If I understand what you are doing correctly, breaking the Myth interface bits out such that there is little or no need to ever see or use the Myth UI itself, this is fantastic.  Should make for a more transparent integration, no need to see live TV before going to previously recorded stuff, quick access without menu hopping to schedule new shows, etc.  I may be reading more into it than what you are working on though...

jeffpk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 05:30:26 am »
This is indeed a great direction.  In the current release Myth feels "tacked on."
I look at the DVR demo videos with envy.  Id love to have that sort of integrated inetrface
for us poor US users.