Author Topic: SOLVED X10 CM11A installation in 0810  (Read 3421 times)

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
SOLVED X10 CM11A installation in 0810
« on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:53 pm »
Is anybody running the X10 CM11A from a regular Serial port in LinuxMCE 0810.

If so, did you have to do anything special to get it to run?

I installed mine as per Wiki, but the device will not show as Registered in the Web Admin.
I don't know if it's just not seeing the CM11A or if it is not installing the right drivers etc...
Looking for some pointers, please.... have a box full of X10 stuff and cannot use it.
I cannot find any of the logs that other people are using to trouble shoot, which I guess is an option I have not found yet.

I left the CM11A unplugged without batteries overnight, I do not even have batteries in it, since LinuxMCE doesn't use that part.

So any specifics about this device in 0810 on an onboard serial port?
How do I turn on logging to trouble shoot?

Little help please, thank you,

Richard

Richard
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:12:12 pm by rperre »

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: X10 CM11A installation in 0810
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:00 am »
OK, just to be sure my CM11A was not messed up, I installed and ran the Heyu command line utility.
It works just fine with that.

I also was recommended to try: "/usr/pluto/bin/CM11A -d XX" where the XX is the device number

This gave me: CM11A no such file or directory

I'm going to figure this out, it's probably something simple, but........ it's kicking my behind right now.

Richard

felpouse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:56:49 am »
Hi Richard,

did you follow this wiki page :

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/CM11

I think that the problem you have with, is possibly related to the missing packages pluto-cm11a cm11a .

Take a look on it and then tell us the result.

Best regards

Luke

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »
Thank you for the answer,

I followed that page, but somehow the CM11A is not created. I do see it go to the internet to fetch some packages, but none that I saw are (at least to me) related to this device.

I'm trying to figure out how to just go fetch this package, get a E: Couldn't find package pluto-cm11a

?

Richard

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED X10 CM11A installation in 0810
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 07:20:27 pm »
OK after talking to the guys in #LinuxMCE I was told to put the next line in my /etc/apt/sources.list

Code: [Select]
deb http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/ intrepid  lmce-alpha-latest lmce-alpha-latest-updates
After this

apt-get update
and after this

apt-get install pluto-cm11a
Now it installed the packages correct and after a quick reload router my CM11A was registered.

Have not tested yet since I'm regenerating orbiter on my hybrid while typing this, but will report back.

This actually could have happened because I installed 0810 with the alpha7 package and not with the latest package.

LET ME BE CLEAR, this should have happened automatically when you install 0810 correctly, but wanted to show what I had to do here anyway.

Anyway it seems to be working now, big kudo's to Tchakeee and Merkur2k for helping this (still Noob) out.

Richard
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:43:57 pm by rperre »

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED X10 CM11A installation in 0810
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 05:01:46 pm »
Light work perfect now, little lag on some, but I'll install a filter/repeater since our house is on the big side with 2 busses, I think the signal just get's "lost" in all the cables and disturbances it get's in the house.

At least everything works now, so I can play with my X10 components I have laying around. Next thing to implement is to include our intercom and security system somehow and ofcourse start building my MD's.

Richard