Author Topic: Interfaces not appearing -  (Read 11740 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Interfaces not appearing -
« on: August 06, 2006, 04:52:04 pm »
Small "basic" item here, but after installing Pluto on my test machine here (Tyan GS10) and starting to configure it via the web interface, I follow the wizard through the setup and got to Interfaces and nothing was listed.

No items appeared in the right-hand list no matter what.

After scratching my head for about 10 minutes and not being able to figure out why it wouldn't work I decided to start over and follow the procedure from scratch again.

In the Installation Page I noticed I hadn't quite completed things.  So, since I needed to set my timezone (New York - btw, Indianapolis and most of Indiana are no longer on EST all the time - it uses ET and observes DST), nothing was appearing.

When I went back and completed this w/ a New York timezone and set the default language the list was populated.  Not sure if it was the default language or the timezone but it was odd.

This page still acts *funny* (selecting any manfacturer essentially clears the list almost no matter what - supposedly the list is small).  Just kind of odd given that following the instructions appears to cause this issue.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 09:49:25 am »
it's not clear, the pluto-admin web-site isn't working or did you meet troubles in video wizard?
what exactly did you add under interfaces and didn't show up?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:01:17 pm »
Logged into web administrator http://PlutoMachineName

Followed the wizard items on the left-hand side of the page starting at the top.  Answered the questions in the first section apparently incompletely (optional name/address/timezone/etc.)

Went through each section item by item and eventually got to the interfaces page.  Upon opening, nothing appeared in the right-hand box.  Selecting any manufacturer (ok...I didn't check *all* the manufacturers) and item still nothing appeared.  After repeated attempts to make something appear I assumed I'd screwed something up earlier in the process.

W/ the Interfaces window still open I went back and started redoing all the settings from the beginning and being careful.  Quickly noticed an item not filled out on the first section (timezone/default language).  Filled that section out again.  Went back to the Interfaces window and noticed that it was now populated on the right-hand side.

I'd guess it was default language.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 12:40:17 pm »
When you clicked "Interfaces" the right frame show a page with "no records" or no page at all?

From what you said, I guess you tried to add a interface from device template picker (the popup with manufacturers, categories and so on), where you were supposed to pick a device template from central pulldown and click "pick device template". The "manufacturers" and "device category" pulldowns are used for filtering the device templates.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 03:05:53 am »
Sorry.  Yes, it was from the popup window w/ the manufacturers, type, etc.  

When I first clicked to add an interface on that screen (well, select one from the options actually), there were none to choose from on the far right.  Manufacturers were listed and types of devices in the middle, but the far right was blank.  

Again, reasonably sure (99% - but who knows...I might have been high or something) I hadn't selected any manfacturers yet.  The original page had nothing listed at all for devices on the far right.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 10:34:33 am »
So the workflow was:
1. went to "Devices > interfaces" pages, where no records were listed;
2. click on "Add device" who opened a popup labeled "Pick device template";
3. choose something on "Device Template" pulldown (not from "Device Category" or "Manufacturers" since those are only used to filter the records in "Device Template" pulldown);
4. click "Pick device template" and that closed the popup and reload Iinterfaces" page but with a blank page instead (no tablea head or anything else on it)?

Please confirm this steps.