Author Topic: I need your help, to continue fdeveloping.  (Read 14816 times)

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I need your help, to continue fdeveloping.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 10:42:40 pm »
The web pads are very cool. I straightened out the business with paypal (what a mess that was!) and will send out (the modest 1 hour) as soon as they verify the account (the site says a day or so).

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

compressor5

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 11:17:26 pm »
This will be my first post.

I have messed around with MythTV for quite some time, and I am ready to bring it to the next level with LinuxMCE. The only thing I see missing is an orbiter that not only integrates well with LinuxMCE, but with my life in general.

I think there is an incredibly strong argument for implementing an iphone orbiter. I have an iphone, and I can say without a doubt that it is the most impressive piece of integrated technology I have ever witnessed. Of course it is tightly controlled by Apple, which leads me to believe it is the reason behind its lack of implementation here in the LinuxMCE environment.

BUT! Look at the dominance of the iphone, and on a crappy network like AT$T!!! Man they suck...anyway, if you develop an iphone orbiter, my honest opinion is that you will see support come out of the woodworks in droves. I know I would be hooked. The android version would be compelling, but just not ready for world domination...yet. Windows Mobile is clunky, and would hurt your impression of a seamless interface, BIG TIME.

iphone will continue to dominate, and when it is let off the AT$T leash, it will be unstoppable. It is in every major market, and has a readily available way to distribute apps seemlessly. Its interface is perfect for this application. OK, you've brought me to this point..... PLEASE!!!! PRETTY PLEASE!!!!  ;D

I have $50 for development,although I think it is worth much more, but because I think there are plenty of people waiting for someone to commit to this, I'm confident you would get your financing for this project. If you put together some sort of Paypal holding, where the work required has to be confirmed before payment, I would contribute my part, certainly. Why not give it a try? You have a "starving" developer, lets throw em a bone for an awesome contribution like an iphone orbiter!!!

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:08 pm »
Thom,

i love the Webpad and am willing to support you.
A task that seems to me (non-dev-pro!) not that time consuming but boost some our installations, is
to add more driver support for wifi-nics supporting WPA on the WebPad. For now the weakest link in my network is my orbiter and my girlfriend ;O)

Anyway... i just did send you some support-bucks.

Patrick
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:31:20 pm by patmankn »
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn