just thinking loud. What kind of things would a lot of people benefit from ? What features are missing in LinuxMCE.
Don't have so much time to think a lot about it, but I am sure there are lots of people missing some basic features in LinuxMCE. And you should have (or take the) time at the moment thinking about that - looking at posts in the forum and post some ideas for what you could do.
Maybe we can open a "Developement Wishes" or whatever group here for that.
- could be something for MythTV or VDR.
- As far as I have read the MythTV implemantation of Recording groups is not finished yet - I would like to get it finished as I am thinking about using MythTV instead. What time will it take - who is willing to pay for it.
- Who is using VDR and would like it to record everything on the server (if Convergent is not finished with their changes)
- setting up all remote buttons on the just implemented gyro remote (for got the name) so that MythTV and VDR is working out of the box (if it isn't) at the moment. Including mapping for colour keys on VDR.
- Implement Templates for TV's and other devices - how much work is it - what would it cost to get my Sony TV plug and play - see signature.
- I noticed that it - on my system - helped nvidia cards to setup some vales in the /home/.nvidia-settings (IIRC) - posted it to the bug handeling system (forgot what the system is called)
- get the Acer revo working out of the box (if Convergent not yet are finished with that)
- Maybe Convergent or others are willingly to give you work - like writing the iPhone orbiter.
- EDIT: implement devices like : http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8526.0
(without having lookinto what it can)
I would not mind spending a resonable amount of money on gettting things working out of the box.