Author Topic: Taking a break from mce anyone finish the attached?  (Read 2921 times)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
Taking a break from mce anyone finish the attached?
« on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
I have been getting slightly frustrated with my lack of sucess with my mce install so am going to take a break for a few months and come back to mce after that.  Sad but true, i need something that meets my needs now and mce just inst there yet for me. 

I have been working on a newbies install guide / MCE usermanual for a while (in between reinstalls).  It is not finished but i think if finished it would add real value to the project.  Linked is my first draft, or at least as far as i have got with it so I am hoping someone else will pick up the document and complete it.

Thanks to everyone that helped me with my setup, I just need a break as frustration was making moves forward difficult.

Andy

http://www.4shared.com/file/121937793/9730574d/0810Beta_MCE_User_Guide.html

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a break from mce anyone finish the attached?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 03:53:38 pm »
Thanks for the Manual. I'm sorry LinuxMCE hasn't met your needs.

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 04:25:22 pm »
No problem, i hope someone gets chance to finish it.  I am just having a break, i will be back.  Im giving mythbuntu a try for a bit, its alot more simple and until i need HA meets most of my needs.  Once i get into a position of needing HA then i will be back with MCE, and I am sure most of my problems will have been ironed out by then. 

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:21:05 am »
Hi Andy,

I can understand you. I am also trying to get an stable working and smooth replay/LiveTV system up and running. I have now tried for months and I am not really sattisfied yet :(

At the moment I am trying 0810 alpha with MythTV and VDPAU. Picture quality is really good, but some error keeps (I assume) killing mythtv as soon as I am entering the MythTV Main menu. More on that later today.

It looks like it is really difficult to get things working.

Greetings
Viking