Author Topic: SOLVED:: Wiimote sensitivity values  (Read 2983 times)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
SOLVED:: Wiimote sensitivity values
« on: July 08, 2009, 06:19:03 pm »
SOLVED::: MUCH MUCH better when using an IR source.  IR bars are available lots of places for under $/£10 so worth the purchase.

I have just gone through the wiki entry on adding a wiimote to my Linuxmce system and am fairly happy with the result.I do have a question on the following entry to the daemon though;

#mouse acceleration, adjust to your liking
                        #see also: "man xset" and/or "xset -h"
#                       xset m 1/2 3

Can someone give me an idea what these figures actually mean for xset m and what is meant by see also manxset or xset -h?

I have been looking around on the internet and cannot really find much of a clue.  From the way i have read the above the vaule is hashed out anyway?

The reason i ask is my wiimote seems to be giving slightly erratic movement, and whilst im not using an IR source i was expecting it to be less erratic than it is now.

(As an aside, i have been trying to get back in to edit the files i created from the wiki, but I am not able to, even with sudo kate for example.  I have tried sudo /etc/init.d/wminputd stop but that comes back as failed as well.  How do i get back into the files i created to edit them?)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 01:14:09 pm by geekyhawkes »

ckerkhoff

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Wiimote sensitivity values
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:41:35 pm »
put "man xset" or "xset -h" in a terminal and it'll print out the help file associated with xset

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:50 pm »
The reason i ask is my wiimote seems to be giving slightly erratic movement, and whilst im not using an IR source i was expecting it to be less erratic than it is now.

Without the "sensor bar" (IR-source) the movement will be erratic, no amount of tweaking the mouse acceleration is going to solve that.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »
Ok, im gonna have to grab an ir source then. It would appear that my wiimote isnt using the accelerometers at all though, no matter how hard i move the remote the cursor stays in one position until i point the remote out of the window (at the sun) and then tracking isnt too bad). 

Does anyone have any experience of using only a single ir source?  I was thinking of rigging a single IR led powered by usb and mounting it centrally under my tv.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:29:49 pm by geekyhawkes »

Kooma

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:38 pm »
How about this instead of single ir-led tweak:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3305
Very good price!

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:06:17 pm »
Ive just been looking on ebay actually.  Very suprised just how cheap the sensor bars are, so im just gonna grab one of those and see how i get on.