Archive > MythTV Plugin Users

HDTV Capture Cards

<< < (2/2)

archived:
Thanks for the feedback. Based on work schedules, i am a few weeks away from setting up a system but I will certainly let you know how it goes. There is a new HD Card coming out that supports hardware encoding which will take the load off of the CPU. I am planning to use these cards.

archived:

--- Quote from: "jdblank" ---Thanks for the feedback. Based on work schedules, i am a few weeks away from setting up a system but I will certainly let you know how it goes. There is a new HD Card coming out that supports hardware encoding which will take the load off of the CPU. I am planning to use these cards.
--- End quote ---

What card is that?

archived:
What type of HDTV card does hardware encoding?  And why...  If your talking about OTA then the PcHDTV etc...  will just pull the ATSC directly out of the air.  There is very little CPU needed to "encode" HDTV OTA, because it's a raw stream.  Now, playback of HDTV is another matter ;)

archived:
What type of HDTV card does hardware encoding?  And why...  If your talking about OTA then the PcHDTV etc...  will just pull the ATSC directly out of the air.  There is very little CPU needed to "encode" HDTV OTA, because it's a raw stream.  Now, playback of HDTV is another matter ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version