Author Topic: MythTV and 0810 - how to use Storage Groups ?  (Read 11102 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV and 0810 - how to use Storage Groups ?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 11:33:22 am »
Okay.  I guess this is another case of open mouth insert foot disease.  ;D  I will go back to my corner and listen. ;)

chrisbirkinshaw

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:40 pm »
Basically the auto setup adds the /home/public/data/pvr to the Default storage group each boot. Therefore nothing you change anywhere will make any difference.

In mythtv there is no way (AFAIK) to set a priority within a storage group, for different folders. Therefore mythtv always records to my local drive until it is full, then it starts on the NAS in the pvr folder there.

This is my issue...

mathieu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:47:43 pm »
Basically the auto setup adds the /home/public/data/pvr to the Default storage group each boot. Therefore nothing you change anywhere will make any difference.

In mythtv there is no way (AFAIK) to set a priority within a storage group, for different folders. Therefore mythtv always records to my local drive until it is full, then it starts on the NAS in the pvr folder there.

This is my issue...

Hi All,

Was this problem solved?

On my system Mythtv also records to the OS drive first. Now a message is regullary appearing on the orbiter: "system is running low on disk space" while there's still 300 gigs on the internal media hdd's. When scheduling a recording  I always choose "Default" for storage group  .

What actions are neccesary to prevent recording to OS hdd?

br mathieu

bp5

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 09:06:06 pm »
I have the same issue, has anyone figured this one out?

bp5

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 02:04:05 pm »
OK, I think I have a solution but I see a flaw in it I hope someone knows how to fix.
My boot drive on the core where mythbackend is smaller than the second drive I added for user data. If I stop mythbackend, move the contents of /public/data/pvr to my second drive (say /mnt/device/144/pvr) and then put in a symlink from /public/data/pvr to /mnt/device/144/pvr and restart mythbacked then myth should start storing on the second larger drive. But then the process that populates the list of videos on media will find the myth files as well and try to add them to the list of videos, won't it?  Any way around this or another way to move the pvr directory to another drive?

Blaine