Here are my first impressions playing with this board.
1. the install was easy enough using the repos
2. UI2 both overlay and alpha-blending had noticeable tearing even on SD video with 10% cpu usage
3. Tested horrible with Hulu (understandable since flash doesnt use vdpau yet)
4. mt2s files will not play yet with 810 to my knowledge so I could not test anything with mplayer (might try opening from desktop tonight)
5. Optical audio worked automatically (not sure if this was because of the added repo)
6. I started out using the DVI connection, when i switched to HDMi and ran the AV wizard I had to select component to get picture
7. HDMI audio is not yet working, havent looked into it.
8. 720p videos sometimes play well, others are not watchable at all, stuttering even when CPU is @ < 60%
9. I only have 1 1080 video and it was also unwatchable due to stuttering and choppy video
10. SD video is smooth and plays well other than the tearing
Thats all I can think of for now. I really like the way the board is layed out, noiseless and small... I just hope we can get this thing dialed in and working as it should. I am concerned with the tearing, and would like to hear if others are experiencing the same. Maybe we need to get a common video file that we can all compare with to see if we get the same results.
*** Also i was wondering is it possible to watch movies in mythTV to take advantage of its use of Vdpau? or does myth only recognize certain file types.