Author Topic: UPB Support  (Read 14485 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
UPB Support
« on: August 07, 2006, 10:24:16 pm »
I am new to the pluto world so please bear with me .  I am attempting to move over my Home automation equipment to the pluto platform.  

I am using the simply automated RS-232 to outlet UPB module and simply automated UPB dimer switches.

I have added the device as a generic serial device and tried to add in some codes to try and get it to work , and nothing.

i know it acts like the cm11a ( which is an x10 device) can i copy over the device support for the cm11a and use this somehow.  or does someone have a module for the UPB stuff..

thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
UPB SUpport
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 10:33:20 pm »
Just found this link for some code to use for UPB codes , not sure how or where  can add this as i am real new to pluto..

http://www.xpl4java.org/UPB4Java/

anyone have any ideas how this would work , or where is should start poking around to add it .

the link also has some great information on programming the UPB ..
anyone

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
UPB Support
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 02:43:02 pm »
Indeed you can use a Generic Serial Device to implement the serial interface for UPB (as any serial device) using ruby scripting language.
But our lighting support (X10, Z-Wave) is using some special devices, not GSD based. There is no way to use it for UPB.
Please fill a mantis report so that we will try to analize the protocol. Well, if you have some ruby knowledges, you can try to implement at least some basic commands.
Thanks!