Author Topic: Surveillance issues...  (Read 1789 times)

mvhurlburt

• View Profile
Surveillance issues...
« on: July 03, 2009, 01:52:28 am »
Ok here it is, I've got a PVR-150, at first I tried to hook up a camera to the composite video using two different methods. First the setup wizard detected the input and allowed me to assign a camera to it but no video showed for that camera under the security menu. The second attempt was adding a generic motion wrapper device and adding a generic analog camera. I tried messing around with the port/channel for the camera and the device ID for the input. Anyway no success so as an alternative I installed a 4 channel BT878 video capture card. before I was using the tuner the cam and the card were working just fine but after I can't seem to get it working using the same method that I had previously used. The other weird part is that since adding the BT878 my hybrid(which it is installed in) takes much longer to boot. I'm not sure whats going on but I know its designating the bt878 card as bttv0 and the PVR-150 as ittv0. I'm not sure if there is some conflict with the two cards and the pci bus? Seems kinda off to me but what I do know for sure is that the bt878 card was functioning fine before adding the hauppauge pvr-150 and that for some reason I can't get the composite in on the pvr-150 working. If anybody has a similar setup, that being a tuner & bttv, working together I'd love to know how.

Regards,
.:MvH:.