Author Topic: Hauppauge PVR-150 Woes....  (Read 2322 times)

mvhurlburt

• View Profile
Hauppauge PVR-150 Woes....
« on: July 01, 2009, 04:27:08 am »
Hello all, I've just received my PVR-150 and got around to installing it today...All is well, well sorta. The image quality isn't great at all while using the tv tuner, I guess the best way to describe it is that the picture is shaky and you can't read the guide at the bottom of the screen. Not sure if its my cable it works just fine when connected directly to the tv. I don't know if there is some config that I can fine tune or if I just have a bunk card or if its due to the fact that its only a cheap 150. Any thoughts?

Also I was wondering how I add the component in as a video input for a cam. Do I go about it the same way I did with my BTTV card through the admin site. I simply went to inputs, selected generic and motion wrapper then I added a generic analog cam through the security section and that seemed to work just fine for that card. Though I must say that the combo of a PCI bus and a BT878A chip(for 4 inputs) only produces ~5FPS, max!

At any rate I just hope all this is some weird anomaly that can be easily remedied...I hope  :-\

mvhurlburt

• View Profile
Re: Hauppauge PVR-150 Woes....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 03:17:34 pm »
Well I've seem to have cleaned up the picture a little bit by changing the following playback settings for MythTV:
I am deinterlacing the playback with the Kernel algorithm and handling mpeg 2 with libmpeg2.
When I use these settings am I allowing the on board decoder on the card to function or am I passing the work on to the CPU?
Though it cleaned up the blur/shakiness there is some really light rectangles that pass across the screen from right to left behind the picture? hopefully I can modify some config to clean that up too, so I guess I'll just keep playing with the various playback options and see what produces the best quality.

The only other problem I am having is displaying surveillance video from the component input. I've followed the instructions in the wiki for an analog cam and a bttv card, trying generic & hauppauge for the manufacturer with the motion wrapper. I also added a generic analog cam to be controlled through the motion wrapper using input ports 0 - 3 but still no dice....If anybody has had success with one of these WinTV PVR with an analog cam over the component input or the s-video in(I have an s-video to component adapter so that would work too) I be very interested to see the settings that you have used, or if there is a wiki article that deals with this issue that would be great too but I can't find anything that is terribly specific.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
.:MvH:.

Itsik

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge PVR-150 Woes....
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 07:10:32 am »
Hi.

Re. picture quality, use this guidehttp://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Pvr-150_picture_quality_guide, it should remedy the prob.
Unfortunatly, I can't help you with the surveillance video, but maybe some one else can ...

Itsik