Author Topic: Follow Linux MCE on twitter  (Read 2129 times)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
Follow Linux MCE on twitter
« on: June 27, 2009, 02:12:22 pm »
I have created a twitter account for Linux MCE so those interested can follow the progess of 0810 and other aspects of Linux MCE development.  I am also hoping that it might raise the communities profile slightly and give a more relaxed place to chat / show our MCE setups.

For those that are interested it can be found/followed @

Twitter.com/mcelinux

Admin/dev team, if you want the username so you can directly update the twitter page please just drop me a line and I will let you know.  Thanks;

Geeky

** Who ever owns the front web page design, can you add a follow us on twitter link please?**
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:29:19 pm by geekyhawkes »

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: Follow Linux MCE on twitter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:37:22 pm »
There is also Facebook group with 170 members but there have been 3 posts in the last year, all are questions, none have been answered (one is mine).  I think Nite-Man set it up.

I think a few more active members may raise LMCE's profile also.

Techstyle

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 02:02:07 pm »
Nearly in double figures of followers.  My plan is to keep this up to date with any move forward we make in MCE, be it wiki, functionality, releases or requests for help (as per the last update). 

I realise twitter is a bit of a time waster, but I think it is useful for keeping up to date with Linux MCe due to the short message nature!

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:05:46 pm »
I'm not sure if this can be done with groups, but I have my personal Twitter and Facebook accounts set up so that when I update my Twitter status, my Facebook status is updated automagically.

It might be possible to do a similar thing here. That would enable minimum effort to reach maximum audience. Always a good move!  ;D
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65