Author Topic: MD boot issue in 810  (Read 17762 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: MD boot issue in 810
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 06:30:36 pm »
allegedly if you add a closing quote to the end of the last line in /etc/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-diskless it should fix that.

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 07:49:37 pm »
I added a quote to /usr/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-diskless on the core, which got me through to the AVWizard.

levster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
allegedly if you add a closing quote to the end of the last line in /etc/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-diskless it should fix that.

Can you please "spell it out"? I am sorry, but I am rather of a novice at this and need a little extra help...  ??? Where do I add a "closing quote"?

Thanks,

Lev

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »
On the core, open a prompt and edit the file in nano:
Code: [Select]
sudo nano /usr/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-disklessMove to the last line with text on it (line 28).  It should look like this:
mkdir -p "${Parm_RootLocation}/var/spool/asteriskAdd a double-quote to the end so it looks like this:
mkdir -p "${Parm_RootLocation}/var/spool/asterisk"Save and exit nano ([Ctrl]+X then Y then [Enter]).  Then reboot your MD and see if it worked ...

If not, the MD may also be missing a hosts file.  I had created one as part of troubleshooting before I did this step, so I'm not clear whether that's a required step for the workaround or not.

levster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 10:16:39 pm »
On the core, open a prompt and edit the file in nano:
sudo nano /usr/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-disklessMove to the last line with text on it (line 28).  It should look like this:
mkdir -p "${Parm_RootLocation}/var/spool/asteriskAdd a double-quote to the end so it looks like this:
mkdir -p "${Parm_RootLocation}/var/spool/asterisk"Save and exit nano ([Ctrl]+X then Y then [Enter]).  Then reboot your MD and see if it worked ...

If not, the MD may also be missing a hosts file.  I had created one as part of troubleshooting before I did this step, so I'm not clear whether that's a required step for the workaround or not.

Thank you, jthodges!

I will try this and let you know if it works. Also, if the diskless MD is booting with out a disk, how would you append the host file on it?

Lev

levster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 10:26:24 pm »
I appended the file:

sudo nano /usr/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-diskless

and verified it. The MD is still not booting past the Diskless setup failed. So, how would I correct the MD's host file?

Lev

jthodges

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 10:29:13 pm »
Well, if it comes to that you access the MD's tree in the /usr/pluto/diskless/# directory (where # is your MDs device ID).  So something like this to create/edit your hosts file:
sudo nano /usr/pluto/diskless/80/etc/hostsYou'll want that file to include this line:
192.168.80.1 dcerouter
But like I said, only if it comes to that - this file is supposed to be generated automatically, and if this is necessary it means that the closing quote isn't the whole story for this issue.  In that case it might be safer to wait and get the official fix before you create your MDs.

Edit: Just saw your latest post.  If you decide to proceed, you can try the hosts file fix.  But I'm really out of my depth as far as the MD creation process, and just repeating what possy walked us through in IRC.  You may want to drop in there for help or wait for the official fix.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:32:45 pm by jthodges »

samsung

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 11:26:06 pm »
thanks that worked like a hooker in vegas!!!!!!!

levster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 04:03:27 am »
I checked both the Core and MD and neither has anything in those files. Which should I change?

thor

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 10:18:03 pm »
This was the fix I was looking for (adding a closing quote to the end of the last line in /etc/pluto/bin/files.d/fstab-diskless) in testing beta810. Big thanks. I had tried booting five different MDs and all returned the "failed" message.

Radelix

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 12:41:19 am »
I am having the same issue with "Failing to Setup X"  I have tried changing the drivers listed in the MD's xorg.conf.  None seem to be able to get past that part.  is there an answer on this yet?