Author Topic: Floorplan Issues  (Read 3810 times)

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Floorplan Issues
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:57:35 pm »
Hi all.

I've got 2 MD's (+ core).  One MD is in room "Home Theatre (HT)" and the other "Playroom (PR)".

HT is running UI2+alpha while PR is UI2.

I created two separate floorplans (HT & PR) and added them on core via webadmin to floorplans/media.

On both MD's when I tried to switch between floorplans (for simultaneous play) I can only view one floorplan.

(I'm not sure if was the first or second one entered.)

One floorplan is layered on top of the other.

The second layered (covered) floorplan will flash for a second when selected via media floorplan screen.

So I figured image layering was a problem using UI2.

I then created a single floorplan with two entertainment rooms.

I deleted the other two floorplans via webadmin. 

I added this single floorplan via webadmin to floorplans/media.

I placed both Pluto MD's on the floorplan.

Core & MD's have been reloaded.

The core webadmin page shows the single floorplan.

Both MD's memu media/floorplan still show the "deleted" layered floorplans.

The /home/pluto/floorplans/inst76976 directory on the core has only 1.png file listed.

When opened and viewed it is the newer floorplan.

When I reboot my MD's I'll receive the message "There are some devices on this media director that did not correctly start blah, blah" etc.

I'm told that "You have recently changed scenarios, floorplans or other settings.  I need to regenerate the graphical screens etc."

If I agree to reload the orbiter I get into a loop.

I just keep on getting device on media director did not start correctly and need to regenerate messages.

I went back via webadmin and deleted the one existing .png floorplan and reloaded the core and MD's.

I'm still in the loop.

On the Core I double checked the /home/pluto/floorplans/inst76976 directory.  No floorplan.

On the MD I ran the video/audio setup and changed my UI2 alpha setting to UI1 and restarted.

Bad move. I now receive the following...

"The resolution has changed.  I'll regenerate the user interface."

Followed by ...

"The UI is being regenerated.  This will take between 15-30 minutes.  If you get this same message again after the regeneration is finished, then that means the gernerator on the Core"

These two messages keep looping.

I shut down the MD that I changed, went to the core, deleted the latest xorg.conf and copied in the backup.

I restarted the MD.

Same loop.

I restarted the Core.  When it had rebooted I restarted the modified MD (original xorg.conf).

I'm in the same regen loop.  Both messages, the launch manager screen, both messages, launch manager, etc.

I let this run for a hour.

All floorplans were created around 1200 x 1200.  Nothing larger.

I see basically two issues with floorplans - one being the layering effect and the second being the MD not reflecting the updated drawing change.

Getting stuck in this regen loop is something else.

Before I delete my MD's and re-add them any suggestions?

I have tried reloading the router, regen all orbiters on the Core and rebooting all systems.

pigdog

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Floorplan Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 06:35:38 pm »
I deleted my MD's and added a new one.

Still looping.

Something has to be corrupted big time on the Core.

I've rebuilt the Core. 

One good point is that after trying 4 times I've finally managed to get a 32 bit DVD version that md5sum'd and everything.

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:43 pm »
If I am not mistaken, this is a known bug. I know I can not use multiple floorplans on my UI2-masked orbiters either. So save yourself some re-installs. I am pretty sure there is no current work around for this.

I think it was designed for UI1, and may in fact work there, but I have been using a whole-house floorplan very successfully in UI2-Masked without any issues.

Regards,

Seth
".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:46:36 am »
If I am not mistaken, this is a known bug. I know I can not use multiple floorplans on my UI2-masked orbiters either. So save yourself some re-installs. I am pretty sure there is no current work around for this.

I think it was designed for UI1, and may in fact work there, but I have been using a whole-house floorplan very successfully in UI2-Masked without any issues.

Regards,

Seth

Seth,

Your right this is a long standing 'known bug'...As we're all working towards 810 I cant see a fix for 710 happening...

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

lmce3000

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 12:45:28 pm »
That is correct, I had the same problem on one of my MDs configured with UI2
yet another MD with UI1 sees my second floor floorplan.

John.
* Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day
*Teach a man how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime.

rocketlynx

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:42:51 pm »
Has anything been resolved on this bug?  I am running 810 Alpha2-Latest and have the same problem. 

Standard, Basic Orbiter screens show more than one floorplan correctly, MDs with UI2, with or without Alpha-Blending, flash the additional floorplan if you can catch it, then only display the first floorplan.  The objects for the additional selected floorplans are there if you hover over them, where they should be, and, you can even control the lights, for example on the second or third plan, but you are looking at the first floorplan while doing this blindly.

Thanks,
Charles

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:48 am »
Same here.
Maybe one more expert could point us wher to look to see we can fix this.

Could be a designer problem? Some settings in the UI2 Variation?Only supposition.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 09:51:11 am by massabuntu »