Author Topic: [SOLVED] 8.10 problem with 3M touchscreen  (Read 4856 times)

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] 8.10 problem with 3M touchscreen
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:04:17 am »
Hi,
I have noticed that with LinuxMCE 8.10 don't working the steps to install the drivers of 3M touch screen, then I tried to use those in reposity Ubuntu 8.10 but nothing works I have also changed xorg.conf as I was advised in a forum but does not work.
You have some ideas on what to do?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:56:54 am by rages »

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] 8.10 problem with 3M touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 10:01:06 am »
I download the last official driver from 3M http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MTouchSystems/TS/CustomerSupport/TouchDrivers/
I have installed these from the terminal of my MD (./Install), rebooted and everything works.

Emanuele

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:03:46 pm »
please create a wiki for these devices... Title the wiki "3M Touch Screens" and add some pictures.

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:42:11 pm »
 ok, when I have just a moment ... my problem is to write well in English, if there are error correct them.

Emanuele

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:45:23 pm »
yes, I will correct your wiki page if need be :)

Nuwis

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:59:46 am »
Dear All,

I´m thinking to get one of this, what´s better Serial or USB? I thinking in the M1700SS 17" monitor.

Cheers
Frank Galan

An Spanish LMCE user
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nuwis

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 02:00:35 pm »

hi,

I bought the serial, as it was available that, do not deny that I had some problems with LinuxMCE 7.10 because the automatic recognition serial blocked the touch. In version 8.10 once the drivers are installed correctly everything works fine.

Emanuele

Nuwis

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 04:14:13 pm »
Hi again,

I have another question regarding that.
If i have some drivers or modules to load for this screen, can i do a diskless boot? and when and from where are the drivers load?

I think in this case is the same question like another drivers that should be loaded indepedent from the LinuxMCE system.

In resume and going out a litle bit out from the main post, if i need to load another drivers outside from the LinuxMCE what i need to do? Install Kubuntu in the MD and load the drivers in?
Every time i tryed to do that never had started the MD, in the first boot later to install LinuxMCE from Kubuntu, and the LinuxMCE installed had detected the Core and i answered that this PC is a MD, i get some errors and at the end starts Kubuntu but no LinuxMCE.

I think i had deviated the post, if it´s this case i will open a new post.

Thnks in advance
Frank Galan

An Spanish LMCE user
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nuwis

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 08:04:46 pm »
Hi,

I do not know if I understand your request, however with regard to the drivers of the touch I'll explain how I did.

I use a touch with a diskless Atom N330, I created the MD normally and then I open KDE and a system terminal, I have downloaded the drivers and I have installed directly on MD.
I have also tried to install them from the core with chroot but doesn't work, the installation hangs.

Emanuele