Author Topic: Linuxmce-it.com - The Italian Community  (Read 4519 times)

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Linuxmce-it.com - The Italian Community
« on: May 29, 2009, 09:34:20 am »
Hi, we registered the domain www.linuxmce-it.com and we want to create an Italian Community of LinuxMCE.
I see the German Community (http://linux-mce.de/), it's basically a partial Translation of the Wiki.

Our goal is to spread the knowledge of MCE, wich in Italy is very low, contrariwise of an a large open-source community, and make
life easier for the new users who want to begin with MCE, maybe translating the installation guides.

Have you any good advice before we start to work out?

Best Regard,
Martino.

rages

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Linuxmce-it.com - The Italian Community
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:05:15 pm »
Ciao Martino,

I'm italian, your idea it's great. I follow LinuxMce two years from now, I am not an expert programmer linux, however the little that I learned will make available on the Italian site if you will.

O meglio ...visto che il mio inglese è un po' forzato :P Quel poco che ho imparato installando e utilizzando LinuxMCE sarò lieto di renderlo pubblico sul sito italiano nel forum o nel wiki se lo riterrai opportuno. (come ho scritto in inglese non son un gran esperto di Linux però ... me la cavo con FreePBX e sono un installatore partner EIB/KNX).
Sicuramente seguirò con costanza anche il sito italiano :) Buona Fortuna

Emanuele

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 07:49:27 pm »
Hi guys

I'm italian too. I started following this project since the time of Plutohome.
I've not that much spare time currently, but nevertheless count me in.

A good starting point could be a nice explanation of what LMCE is. I remember that when I started following there were not that much docs explaining the system from a user point of view, so producing some well structured overview (taking exaple from what's currently available on the wiki) could certainly attract more people and help the community grow.

Maybe a full translation of all wiki docs could follow later ...

Just an idea.

Ciao
Marco

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:42:20 pm »
Yes, beginning to translate the wiki like the Deutcsch Community did it's a good start.

Anyway it's also important  try to understand the difference between an American Installation and an Italian One.
I mean that in italy DVB-S is not so diffused, like SKY is. Here we have to face to our standard to automation like KNX/EIB, i mean also setting up for VOIP provider like Eutelia, Cheapnet that aren't in the Mce database.( I think Emanuele could be very helpful for this).

If you agree guys,to start, we can split the translation to do less work.

Martino
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 01:40:13 am by massabuntu »

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 08:33:59 am »
That's fine for me.

I think we can go on with further details via PM.

Ciao
Marco

fabio

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 04:34:22 pm »
Hi guys,
i've started this year with MCE, so i'm surely not an expert but i can help the italian forum in traslating stuff...let me know...

Ciao

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 05:01:19 pm »
Bene bene, + siamo meglio stiamo.

I'll pm you for info.

Martino.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 04:24:03 pm »
Hi guys, i'm rigth here working on the site, i think we can have it ready for the end of  the day.

A presto,
Martino.

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 06:17:47 pm »
Here we are:

www.linuxmce-it.com

I have done it in a half day and it need to be fixed, but i thinks it's a good start, the wiki doesn't work while the forum it's ok,critics are welcome.

I have to register you to make you able to post, so contact me when you read this, hopefully in my mail.

See you soon,
Martino.