Author Topic: MythTV / USB UIRT sending multiple commands [SOLVED]  (Read 3214 times)

the anxious

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
MythTV / USB UIRT sending multiple commands [SOLVED]
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:36:42 pm »
I almost done!
But now I have another problem with mythtv and usbuirt. I thing this is because the "external channel changer script"

My cable box is controled by USB UIRT, and 2 weird things are happens when I select "TV" from menu on UI.

1- The TV is turned OFF automatically when i select TV on UI, and then, I need to turn it ON, after this all commands works like a charm.
2- When mythtv shows the first TV image, USB-UIRT send multiple commands to my cable box (e.g 334400) and I can´t change channels, because every time when I press the number of one channel, USB UIRT send other numbers, and the number I was trying to input is ignored.

Inside mythtv setup, I select channel 3 to "preset tuner to channel" and I type the command to use external change channels script, like show the wiki.

Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:22:26 pm by the anxious »
Asus M2N-E-SLI, 2GB Kingston, HD 500GB Seagate, Hauppage PVR-500, Geforce 7300GS, Fiire Chief, Nokia N800, Samsung LN32A330J1 32", HA22, Intermatic Switches, USB UIRT, Xantech 286 double emitter,

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV / USB UIRT sending multiple commands
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:38 pm »
Hello,

If you make a template that uses toggle power on/off, please understand that the system always assumes that the TV is OFF after each router reload (reboot as well). And thus the TV should be turned off either manually, or by using advanced > Infrared Codes in this case.

Also, you can edit the audio/video properties of your device template, and change the # of times IR codes are transmitted. adjust this until codes are only being sent once. :)

-Thom

the anxious

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Re: MythTV / USB UIRT sending multiple commands [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 12:07:30 am »
hi guyz..
I still having this problem (2).. I tried to change the AV/Advance settings but nothing changed..I found some information about the scenarios of livetv but nothing change too..

I will try to explain again what happens

When I choose TV on UI, my usb uirt send 4 or 5 digits to my cable box. But I do not press anything in fiire chief, he tells it himself, and then to send it to those digits, but I can only change channels using the original control, but after this if I try change channel with fiire chief it again sends the random digits to uirt..

I know, I´m very newbie in linux but agree with me..  it is not sooo easy for anyone get everything working.. when I started this project to my home I knew it would not be easy, but now I'm so close to get everything working, so I ask you to have patience. :D

I make this video, but I don´t know if it can help because the resolution is poor and missed the details of channel changing.
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/07062009q.mp4/

Thanks in advance.

* tschak909 was right, but on 0710 version I don´t find the option to change the # or times IR codes are transmitted.. I Installed alpha latest now and when I was learning my codes I see that the UIRT was not learning codes at all, just some parts, and now I learned again with taking care to get all codes. After this I changed the # of times IR are transmitted and everything worked fine.
Thanks so much. Now I just need to configure mythtv front end and make my fiire chief works with alpha.. any sugestions?

best regards,
djonny
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 06:39:29 pm by the anxious »
Asus M2N-E-SLI, 2GB Kingston, HD 500GB Seagate, Hauppage PVR-500, Geforce 7300GS, Fiire Chief, Nokia N800, Samsung LN32A330J1 32", HA22, Intermatic Switches, USB UIRT, Xantech 286 double emitter,