Author Topic: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm  (Read 1002 times)

massabuntu

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:40:08 am »
I everybody, i wanna make the italian Translation of the UI of lmce8.10.

If i understood i had to use HADesigner and translate the Text Part.

The problem is that in Hadesigner you have room only for German and French, for the italian i have to
overwrite one of those and select for example french for main language to see the italian version??

Hope it's understandable what i wrote.

Thanks,
Martino.

chriss

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 140
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 08:16:04 am »
No, please do not overwrite an existing language! You have to add another entry to the database table pluto_main.Language. It should then show up in HADesigner.

HTH,
/chriss

massabuntu

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 08:36:35 am »
Thank you very much! I was making a big mistake!

BR,
Martino.

felpouse

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 99
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:01:59 am »
Hi all,

if you want you can start trying this one.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxmce-it/

I've started it few month ago. But for a while I had to stop in progress it (work business overload  :-\ ).

If someone want to contribute is wellcome.

The project has 33% of the translation done. I had to continue to complete it.

Best regards

Luca

P.S. : the files that you can find are the one needed to make most of the translation for the UI.

massabuntu

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 97
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:48:17 am »
Excellent, i'll look today, it's the 7.10 or 8.10 version?

Maybe you are interested in this

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8250.0


Let me know,
Martino.

felpouse

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 99
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 12:00:46 pm »
It's based to 0710 release.

Actually I never check if the english version 0810 was modified or not. I had to make a compare from the 0710 english and the 0810 one.

Thanks for the link, I 'd already saw it. Would be a great job for the italian movement .....

If you want we can keep in contact with the project via PM .

Regards,

Luca.

posde

  • Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3013
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:04:28 pm »
To make sure, things end up where they belong, make sure to add a new language, and use that new language with your new text. Once you have all the things translated in your database, get a hold of someone with sqlCVS privileges on the IRC channel #linuxmce-devel, so we can commit your changes into sqlCVS. As your changes are in the designer repo, you can't do an anonymous commit.

felpouse

  • Veteran
  • ***
  • Posts: 99
    • View Profile
Re: UI Italian Translation in HADesigner - Problrm
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 02:04:32 pm »
Hi posde,

thanks for your references. My sql files are based on your suggestions. When we'll have finished the complete translation , we will contact someonr on IRC channel.

Best regards

Luke