Author Topic: Webpad DT 366 for sale  (Read 10633 times)

cpayne

• View Profile
Webpad DT 366 for sale
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:46:26 pm »
I have  used Webpad DT 366 I will sell for 180.00 US. Sent from US  plus shipping per device.
PM me if your interested.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:51:57 pm by cpayne »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Webpad DT 366 for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:01:05 pm »
Excuse me, you can't do that.

Orbiter's license is PPL, which forbids you to do what you've done without a license from Pluto.

I suggest you take these down immediately.

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:03:16 pm »
Please also take into account that the orbiters that are licensed also help fund community development, so that the few of us actually working on the code can add more device support.

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:12:22 pm »
TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO THINKS ABOUT DOING THIS:

Please don't.

Anyone can sell the WebDT units by themselves. But the end-user must obtain and install the WebDT image themselves. This also means you can't pull the trick of bundling a stick to flash with the unit.

Come on, guys. Don't think with your dicks.

tkmedia went through all the trouble of licensing Orbiter for these units so that they would be legal under the terms of the license, and we also allot some of the cost so that they can be tunneled into a hardware support fund so that more devices can be bought so that we can make device templates and the like.

It seriously pisses me off when I see people like you, cpayne; who come in and under-cut, just to make a quick buck. You need to think these things through, or do you even care?

-Thom

cpayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:50:45 pm »
TO ANYBODY ELSE WHO THINKS ABOUT DOING THIS:

Please don't.

Anyone can sell the WebDT units by themselves. But the end-user must obtain and install the WebDT image themselves. This also means you can't pull the trick of bundling a stick to flash with the unit.

Come on, guys. Don't think with your dicks.

tkmedia went through all the trouble of licensing Orbiter for these units so that they would be legal under the terms of the license, and we also allot some of the cost so that they can be tunneled into a hardware support fund so that more devices can be bought so that we can make device templates and the like.

It seriously pisses me off when I see people like you, cpayne; who come in and under-cut, just to make a quick buck. You need to think these things through, or do you even care?

-Thom

I saw several adds in the marketplace for these with the orbiter installed.
I'm not undercutting anyone. I have some of them.  I don't like them. I'll sell them with CE on it if it violates a license.
I have a job that pays my bills and I hardly think what I'm doing takes away from the developers.

Don't get your panties in a wad young man!
I changed the post.   

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 09:00:40 pm »
We've talked to each and every seller who tries to do this.

You may want to change _your_ tone, we're the ones developing the software you use, especially since you do not contribute any time to help develop it.

-Thom

pcbastard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 07:24:10 am »
Jeez, Thom.
 ::)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 10:48:00 am »
pcbastard, do you EVER post anything constructive? It seems the only time you post, is when you have a problem with something I say.

cpayne is in the wrong here, especially since he did this AFTER he was told the situation (my posts were only a reminder.) by another of our team.

So please, stay out of the situation when you do not know all the details.

-Thom

cpayne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
Thom

You are the only person that has said anything to me. First you sent a rude PM with obscenities. You also brought it up again in this thread.
I understand your concerns about the post (Which I modified). The PM to me was all that it would have taken.

If Linus had your level of attitude and arrogance (MCEGOD), none of us including you would be having this conversation/argument.
I sense a level of dislike for people that don't do things your way, or that don't contribute as you do.

You are correct in that I don't contribute to the development of the project at this time. I do appreciate all the developers contributing to this open source project. I might mention a CONTRIBUTION is just that! You don't have the right to expect any praise or monetary gain for said CONTRIBUTION.

I can tell you that after reading some of your insulting posts to other noobs like myself, you think your special.
I do treat people as equals no matter their levels of contribution and or expertise.

As for my pricing. I think it's fair and more affordable to many more people. The more people that use it, the more opportunity for you to get praised for your work etc.

That is unless you muck it up with your arrogance and potty mouth!

Thanks again for your contributions my lord

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 10:25:23 pm »
cpayne,

I've been a Linux user, since 1991. I came over from Minix. I was _THERE_ when Linus posted his first post in comp.os.minix that August.

You may want to actually watch his actual posts on the LKML a bit closer, and track them over the years...

He is _very_ adamant and downright rigid on a variety of issues. In the end, it's his voice that dictates what goes into the mainline kernel.

Not that i'm saying that's what's being done here...I am simply calling you out, and making you realize you are in way over your depth.

If you wish to sell orbiters with the orbiter software on them, you have to get a license from Pluto. That is the license. Period.

And yes, you were told. Either that, or tkmedia was lying to me. Somehow I take his word over yours.

Now, let's just move on.

-Thom

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 10:57:14 pm »
This conversation shouldn't continue forward, unless you plan to sell the WebDT without Orbiter. The license is PPL. You need a license to sell the WebDT with Orbiter on it. It's that cut and dry.