1. The Device I am trying to use here is a DLINK DSM 320 Digital Media Player. Not a pc with a pxe boot network card.
2. I have other pxe boot pc's running as Media directors and they are fine
3. It did not make sense to me but I tried to use suggestion above and set it up as a diskless md. It gets a Ip address fine from the pxe boot section of dhcpd.conf but boots to its own os not as a md. I don't think this device supports PXE anyway.
4. My Impression of Diskless Media Directors is basically a pc with a PXE capable network card. Are there other devices that can be used as media directors.
5. Are we talking the same UPnP?? I am speaking of the media protocol that is used with windows media connect. as in http://www.upnp.org/
6. Am I just totally missing the boat here.