Author Topic: A list of home entertainment and automation online magazine sites??  (Read 3108 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Just putting some thought to garnering more users and exposure for LMCE through a kind of LMCE 0810 "Relaunch". (only once the "release" version of 0810 is out).

I am trying to think of the most efficient way of collecting a list of as many Home Entertainment/Consumer Electronics/Media/Home Automation online "e-zine" type sites, as possible. We can write a/some articles for them and blast them. Getting exposure through these mags would bring a new influx of users, and with them, hopefully, many more potential devs. 0810 seems the perfect punctuation point to do this.

I have browsed around the Open Directory project in Google, and found some stuff, but no where near enough. Does anyone else have any suggestions for getting together such a list? We want a broad spectrum of sites, but most importantly, across geographies. Doing this in one country should be easy enough, but realistically we want diversity, and when possible multilingual (all you speakers of languages other than English, stand by for translation mode!)

International media peak bodies? Other suggestions?

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: A list of home entertainment and automation online magazine sites??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 03:13:17 am »
I can assist with this effort. I know a bunch of people at Cocoontech (http://www.cocoontech.com), arguably the most popular DIY HA site. They have connections in the media, etc...

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:01:39 am »
What about Linux related media as well? Theres alot of linux print and online rags out there that are probably always looking for material. Might even get some of the editors to start using it and end up with regular progress updates in print too :)

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 09:33:13 am »
i can surely help in germany.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 03:03:31 pm »
What about Linux related media as well? Theres alot of linux print and online rags out there that are probably always looking for material. Might even get some of the editors to start using it and end up with regular progress updates in print too :)

I used to work for Linux.com, so I can contact those guys once we're ready...