Author Topic: New DVB Backend wich is userfriendly and is only 2MB?!?  (Read 11793 times)

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: New DVB Backend wich is userfriendly and is only 2MB?!?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:33 pm »
[...] - hot air removed
Sentences from you like "Glad I was able to provoke a bit…." make me assume that you're either a troll, or you want to "provoke" others to a point where they code after your mouth. Your attitude and the results of your "work" till today prove that you're not attempting to do anything real here.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 07:10:21 pm »
@toppot: do you know how we can tell if it's just hot air, or not?

By the questions you ask.

Intelligent questions, get intelligent answers.

But how do you get intelligent questions? You dig into what we have. Believe it or not, there is an unbelievable amount of data on the wiki, as well as in the source code tree.

Merkur2k took one of my discussions, and turned it into a page on creating a DCE device. Do that. Make a dummy light switch, figure out how it works.

Then, look at the example code for things like the MythTV Plugin, and the MythTV Player, and the VDR and VDR_Plugin devices. See how they fit together, how they work, ask us questions about them, we can answer.

_THOSE_ are intelligent questions.

Until then, you're just kicking up dust, and bellowing around a lot of hot air, which quite frankly, none of us appreciate.

There are so few of us ACTUALLY doing work on this project, that in order to get what you want done, YOU WILL NEED TO DIG YOUR HANDS IN, AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING. Otherwise, you're just practicing verbal masturbation. Those of us coding have _NO_ time for that.

If you just quack back at me at how you can't read code, then, remember, there was a time when none of us could either. Why don't you go talk to golgoj4 about that. He's now writing our Orbiter replacement. He was a building contractor before he switched to being a software developer, and he too, will have _ABSOLUTELY_ no sympathy for you.

Now, I will be absolutely brash, to make the most poignant of points. If you are easily offended, look away.

Any further replies of, "But I ca--!" will be interpreted as the cries of a spoiled child, unwilling to do something for himself, so he tries to con someone else into doing what he wants.

Are you a child, or a man?

-Thom

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 01:53:30 am »
or, less forum posts and more code. Have you even stopped by the developers channel?

c'mon man, we can be snarky all day, but it doesn't amount to more than a hill of beans if you need your hand held at every stage.

less whine, more code.

Oh and as far as 'personalities'...a lot of developers have had to deal with a lot of people writing books about their personal lives, why they can accomplish things, and how their feelings are hurt. It gets old. Quickly. So pardon us if we aren't falling over backwards to make you feel good and giving you a gold star because you had a thought. Ok, its presumptuous to speak for other developers in hindsight, so ill just say myself.

You want to prove that you arent some dude running off at the mouth? Maybe ask a question that was even _remotely_ related to the initial items you were given to investigate. You will find the answers more than forthcoming. But that requires doing the work.

You decide.
-the personality that donates tons of free hours to this project when he could just keep his toys to himself.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 06:22:15 pm »
any movement on this, or was it just a waste of everyones time?

ponies!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:10:21 pm by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

l3mce

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 07:24:36 pm »
Never got any input in to if anybody is working on TV in 1204... But looking around in svn revealed a bit for me...

There's no trace of Myth (neither in branches 1004 or trunk) - it does exist in 810.. odd..
In /external I can find "VDR.Oct-10-2005/"... Will consider that not to be under heavy development??? (The current version of VDR is 2.0.2, but it is still from the design concept meant to be a stand alone application, and only support the server-client needs we have via plugins - to the best of my knowledge).

So input on what's going on, if anything, would be great...

-Toppot

I have been busy. I have to get the 1204 dvd making happily, and then I am going to have some time to get back to my XBMC plugins. One for controlling xbmc, and one for xbmc controlling LMCE. I also built a gstreamer plugin which can get TV. I would be interested in seeing the backend link you are referring to. I would like to integrate some stuffs... and am probably the only one working on related toys.

So, in short, I would be happy to work with you, if you don't treat me or my friends like a dick. Nobody is more receptive to adaptation and improvement and stability than Tschak. Myth works like gangbusters for me... so I have had no impetus to change anything other than common complaint.
I never quit... I just ping out.