Author Topic: I am getting _VERY_ tired of having my posts deleted.  (Read 6988 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: I am getting _VERY_ tired of having my posts deleted.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 03:36:51 pm »
Thom - as soon as you can accept these facts without berating people, making snide comments, or the ever popular *hmm* remarks I suspect you will no longer have issues with having your posts moderated:

*People are going to ask questions they should already know and/or can easily be found by searching.

*People are going to try to help others and occasionally lead them down the wrong path or possibly just a different path than what is the intended method.

*Some people are end users of LMCE, no more no less.  A variety of users with a variety of reasons for not contributing.  No time, not the right skills, simply are not interested in doing development work with LMCE..  Doesn't matter, they use the apps and nobody is obligated to contribute. 

Users, especially new ones, should never be brow beat or given a guilt trip for asking a question, requesting a feature, pointing out flaws, comparing LMCE to other software, or anything else other than outright trolling.  You are a huge asset to LMCE and I'm sure most, if not all, of us are thankful you are on the team.  You just need to realize not everyone is as passionate about LMCE as you are.  Lots of people get lured in by the slick demo and seemingly dead simple install the main website implies.  As we all know, LMCE can be frustrating to new users as well as old.  The last thing we need to do when they come here asking for help is to beat them down and call them idiots.

To put it another way - you just need a bit more patience with people.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 04:40:17 pm »
I think this thread has a balanced set of opinions on the matter. Shall we chalk this one up to experience and move on?

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 04:53:20 pm »
I agree to move on / close if need be.