Author Topic: Standard artwork for attributes in a base install?  (Read 6084 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Standard artwork for attributes in a base install?
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:35:25 am »
Does anybody think it would be a good idea to include artwork and assignments to particular attributes in a standard base install for 0810 so that the media grids are a little more interesting/colourful, out of the box?

I was thinking at least the Genre attribute could have a range of nice artwork to represent most of the common audio and video genre types, so that as long as audio and video at least have a genre attribute set, they will get some artwork even if none has been assigned to the individual files. With large databases of media, this could make the browsing experience more interesting right out of the box. Also, perhaps some nicely rendered artwork for the Track and Chapter attributes for numbers at least 1 thru 30. If there is album attribute art set already or art directly assigned to the tracks, then this will still take priority over the "track" pictures.

Found some interesting possible sources, this one is quite neutral...

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Standard artwork for attributes in a base install?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:22:04 am »
this would add a nice polish o the overall experience.

I agree 100%

chriss

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 09:33:50 am »
Great idea!

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:41 am »
Good idea Colin... any volunteers to implement this?

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:35:50 am »
Good idea Colin... any volunteers to implement this?

Andrew

First up, the bug that is preventing this from working properly needs to be squashed. I confirmed with devnull earlier today that this is still present in 0810 alpha, so I have logged a ticket in trac. I'm not sure of the exact criteria for the bug, but certainly it does not work for artwork assigned to different Genre values. I'm sure that I have seen this function work in the past, just not necessarily with Genre, so perhaps it isn't a general bug, but it would certainly need to work for Genre to make it worthwhile doing.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
First up, the bug that is preventing this from working properly needs to be squashed. I confirmed with devnull earlier today that this is still present in 0810 alpha, so I have logged a ticket in trac.

This bug exists in 0710 as well.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:39:24 am »
First up, the bug that is preventing this from working properly needs to be squashed. I confirmed with devnull earlier today that this is still present in 0810 alpha, so I have logged a ticket in trac.

This bug exists in 0710 as well.

Yeah, I know, I'm using 0710 and experience the bug, that's why I had to get someone using 0810 to confirm it is still there before I could log a ticket. Possy - you've changed my ticket to "head" version and no milestone.... what does that imply? Is that just saying that its a bug in all versions? And if there is no milestone, won't that mean no one will ever look at it?

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 05:22:11 pm »
kind of along the same topic, is there a way to have lmce auto size and crop the cover art so that it fills the whole box? I know alot of my cover art comes in different sizes which makes for a very inconsistent look. Just a thought, not sure if it is feasible.
-Krys

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:02 pm »
Krys, start another thread!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 07:00:52 pm »
Possy - you've changed my ticket to "head" version and no milestone.... what does that imply?

It implies, that it is not relevant for any milestone at the moment, but should be looked after once we have completed 810.