Author Topic: UI2 changes for gyro remotes.  (Read 3298 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
UI2 changes for gyro remotes.
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:58 pm »
I have made a series of changes for gyro based remotes to make them easier to use.

I made a small demo video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L067P7Stass

Particularly, if you are using a gyration go mouse, or a wiimote, there is no easy way to toggle play/pause, or a mute. My latest set of changes fixes this.

This was implemented by using the various "FS Options" screens that were un-used in UI2, but are used in UI1 when you tap on the screen using a remote.

Due to the fact that dan.g made the FS options screens using the standard variation, and there is no copy/paste in designer, I had to completely re-create the options screens, manually making sure to create the new designobjs for the old UI1 on the Normal Horizontal 3:4 variation.

Once this was done, I could make my custom UI2 screens, making sure to add goto screen commands in the original FS screen to go to the new screen, making sure to set both timeout and screentype values for the designobj as appropriate (MythTV needs the screentype set appropriately, so the system knows its a full screen navigation screentype and button presses will go to the right places etc, even when on my custom screen)

I hope this makes things better to use for everyone, and shows a bit more of what Orbiter can do.

-Thom

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: UI2 changes for gyro remotes.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »
Very nice, I think this will be a major pivot point to garner wife acceptance as she complained about this previously.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 05:29:27 am »
Nice Thom, before you had to hit F6 then move side ways, then move to the 0X point.  After a few mins it would just exit the screen and continue the film, which is not good if you are on the phone, at the door or .....otherwise engaged.

do your new buttons pause until commanded otherwise?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 06:11:24 am »
it stays paused until you un-pause again. Notice the pause button stays on screen until you right click or menu away.

-Thom