Author Topic: Generic Sip Phone not ringing  (Read 5347 times)

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Generic Sip Phone not ringing
« on: May 28, 2009, 05:26:17 am »
I just bought a EP-636 Sip Phone (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QT112K/ref=ox_ya_oh_product - $43) and tried to install it using the Generic Sip Softphone template.  After some configuration on the phone (I will do a Wiki page on the phone later) it is up and running if I dial 204 from an orbiter it rings and works fine. If I dial in from outside then all embedded orbiters on MD's ring but the Sip Phone does not.

Looking at the Telecom->Call Routing page of web admin all my call routing steps read ring extensions and include the Sip Phone

Is there somewhere else I need to set this? or any other reason why the Sip Phone doesnot ring?

Thanks,
Techstyle

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
Re: Generic Sip Phone not ringing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:10:22 pm »
FYI I am using 0710.

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:08:36 pm »
Hi techstyle,

I have a siemens C475IP phone which is set up with asterisk. I have it set-up with its own extension number and I route the inbound calls to it in the freepbx interface. I couldn't find a way to have all phones ringing together so this was my solution as the IP phone was the only one I needed.

Regards
Barney

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 07:13:57 pm »
Barney,

Thanks for the advice.

I would like all the orbiters (set up as ext 200, 201, 202, 203) and the new SIP phone (204) to all ring so in FreePBX I set up a ring group called 'all' and listed all the ext's.

Then in the 'Inbound routes' page, at the very bottom in the 'Set Destination' section, I clicked on 'Ring groups' (which only appears when you have added one) and then 'All' (for the group I had set up earlier).

Seems to work now.

The phone was a bargain at $43!!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:36:35 pm »
techstyle,

how about you fix what is broken and provide a patch? If you select all the phones to ring on the web admin routing, they should all ring. If they don't, that's is a bug. And that bug should be fixed.

By manually screwing the dialplan, you are loosing a lot of functionality.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:41:10 pm by posde »

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 12:31:40 am »
I would love to but have absolutely no idea how the whole thing is put together.  Does any of the Cisco 7970 users have the same problem?  Or is it something to do with the 'Generic SIP Softphone' Template, Do the Siemens Dect phone users have this problem?

I have created a Wiki page for this phone http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/EP-636_SIP_Phone

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 11:43:37 am »
Hi Techstyle,

I use the Siemens C470 and it works correctly. Did you have a look at: Wizard -> Devices -> Phone Lines?

Click on "settings" You get the screen "Phone Lines | Incomming Calls Settings"

Check the tick boxes in front of the Generic SIP Phones for the different scenarios. I think this is where your problem is.

Hope this helps,
Greets,
Reint.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 06:57:53 pm »
Thanks, Bundie

You are correct the Generic SIP Phone wasn't checked on the settings page.  I was focusing on the Telecom -> Call routing page and then going through each user and checking to see that the phone was checked on that page.  I didn't know that the settings page existed.

I don't yet know if this fixes it.  To check it I will need to send the incoming calls to the custom route in FreePBX, but I do not know what that used to say.

Can anybody tell me what their 'custom route' says?

So, in the 'Inbound routes' page of FreePBX at the bottom in the 'set destination' section the 'custom App' box should be checked - what does it say in the box?

Thanks,
Techstyle 

bundie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 10:34:28 pm »
Thanks, Bundie

You are correct the Generic SIP Phone wasn't checked on the settings page.  I was focusing on the Telecom -> Call routing page and then going through each user and checking to see that the phone was checked on that page.  I didn't know that the settings page existed.

I don't yet know if this fixes it.  To check it I will need to send the incoming calls to the custom route in FreePBX, but I do not know what that used to say.

Can anybody tell me what their 'custom route' says?

So, in the 'Inbound routes' page of FreePBX at the bottom in the 'set destination' section the 'custom App' box should be checked - what does it say in the box?

Thanks,
Techstyle 

Hi Techstyle,

I checked my install, but the "custom app" box is not checked and the box behind it is blank...this is not what you expected?

I'm sort of clueless with this asterisk/freepbx stuff (sorry!). I just followed this wiki page: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/VoIP_with_XS4ALL for my provider. Would your problem be solved if you delete the phoneline on the LinuxMCE admin page and start over again. I'd reckon this will reset your manual config changes in AMP/FreePBX to the defaults? Maybe someone with real knowledge can confirm this...sorry I can't be more of help.

Greets,
Reint.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 12:44:42 am »
Bundie,  Thanks for the suggestion.

I deleted the phone line and re-added it, but the old inbound, outbound and trunks pages were not removed.  I removed them all.  and re-added the phone line again.  I followed the instruction I had written for the Wiki for configuring Tesco Internet Phone (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Tesco_Internet_Phone)  and the new inbound route had the 'custom app' checked and for the record 'custom-linuxmce,102,1' is what it says in the box.

I have checked all the boxes on the setting page and now the phone rings.

I will update the Wiki page for this phone accordingly

Thanks for the help

andy123

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
    • VOIP
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »
Hi iam not a technical guy but thanks guys fro your conversation i had a similar problem but sort it through http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Tesco_Internet_Phone