Author Topic: Odd Question about forum registration  (Read 2296 times)

USMC96

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Odd Question about forum registration
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:12 am »
Why can't you use a gmail account to register for the forum? When i tried to register it said gmail.com is not permitted for an email account.  This baffled me I tried several of my accounts, and all I could use to register is my old aol account, which I only keep around to give people that are going to send me junk mail, all my other accounts are gmail.  I find this curios because in the last couple months of reading these boards plenty of people have specified a gmail account to respond to.  Don't mean to irritate anyone just looking for knowledge. Thanks Eric

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Question about forum registration
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 01:00:02 pm »
We had a few spammers registering gmail accounts. I've removed the ban and you should be able to register now. However, if spamming continues, I will have to re-enable the ban. Thanks!

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:52:21 pm »
Futher background, all those accounts that used gmail accounts, registered prior to the ban, which is why they still have access. Yes, it was time to remove that ban as it as hardly targeted. Thanks dlewis, I had meant to do that previously but forgot :)

USMC96

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 01:35:46 am »
Thanks, for a minute I was thinking it was some kind of a boycott.