Author Topic: VDR installation.  (Read 9466 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
VDR installation.
« on: July 03, 2006, 04:28:54 pm »
I've managed to set up a Core and a MD. The Core has one DVB-T card ( Hauppauge Nova-T ) and the MD is a EPIA MII 12000. I've checked VDR and unchecked Myhtv  in the MD. Nothing is shown on the orbiter for the MD under Media, but the logs shows some vdr entrys. No vdr is installed on the Core (?).

What will I have to do to get it working?  Do I have to add the DVB card somewhere in the Core to get it to install vdr? I suppose that vdr will use Xine to stream the data. Is that correct?

I also wonder how to add media to the public area. I have copied some mp3's to the SMB share 'music' and resynced the database. Still I don't see any mp3's on the MD. How is it supposed to work?

How far is the VDR implementation in Pluto? Do you have any 'unofficial' Kick start CD's that I can try?

Sincerely,

Nivis

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
VDR installation.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 04:44:06 pm »
I've reinstalled pluto ;) This time I selected a hybrid and after install was ready I removed the Myhtv on the hybrid. I added my DVB-T card ( Hauppauge Nova-T ) in Device Templates, and set it to Controlled by MD. I put a working channels.conf in /var/lib/vdrdevel and after a while I've got an epg.dat in /var/cache/vdrdevel. How do I access VDR from my Media menu? What is the magic to make VDR my 'current' TV source instead of Myhtv?

I can see vdrdevel in various logs and it looks like it (VDR) is working all right but as I said, How to use it from the orbiter?

/Nivis

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
VDR installation.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 07:13:22 pm »
Well, it seems to work now :)

How I did it is another question because after some reboots I got TV via VDR + xine when I pushed the TV button. Great, isn't it ;)

I'll try to write down the steps when I'll do the actual install. This is only on a test system and isn't by any chance as powerfull as it should be. That is it shows hard lagging when watching TV. I'm running it on a Fujitsu/Siemens ~800 MHz something with onboard VGA. It's really slooooooow! :D

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
VDR installation.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:24:58 am »
Hi Nivis,

I also work with Pluto and I'm interested in using VDR in my installation. It seems that Pluto development team gets stuck a bit with integration Pluto and VDR. We can work together with this intergration. If you're interested in this cooperation skype me - nite_man or email - stepanov[dot]michael[at]gmail.com.