Author Topic: No fiire chief in 810 then what should i get?  (Read 3663 times)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
No fiire chief in 810 then what should i get?
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:56:13 pm »
Pretty much as the title really guys.  From what i can see there will be no fiire chief  support in 810 (whenever it is released!? anyone have a date???), so what should i go for that will be forward compatible?  I like the gyro support that is demonstrated in the videos on MCE but dont want to spend $130~ on hardware that is going to be a nightmare to get working in the stable multi hardware supporting 810 version of MCE.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No fiire chief in 810 then what should i get?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 10:04:36 pm »
We're looking into getting the fiire chief to work in 0810... It just isn't being worked on right now.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:34 am »
I have a Fiire Chief here, but I haven't gotten to doing the necessary work to port the HID code for the Fiire Chief from the libusb based facilities in 0710, to the kernel based facilities in 0810...

With that said, Orbiter runs on a wide variety of PCs, tablets, PDAs, cell phones...

The Gyration 3101US will also be supported with the addition of the generic HID code, (and templates can be made for any device that emits HID packets once this code has been checked in.)

Any IR remote can be used as well, we provide a template for Windows MCE remotes out of the box for the USB UIRT, Tira, and IRTrans transcievers.

With support for more devices coming...

-Thom

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:29:41 pm »
Sounds promising.  Is there any timeline to the release of 810? 

I have found a fiirechief available for a decent price so wanted to check i could get it working.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:35:13 pm »
we're trying to get 0810 into beta. I have _NO_ idea when I will be able to work on the Fiire Chief specific code, as I am STILL working on writing a new set of routines for generic HID support.

-Thom

deffcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 12:10:48 pm »
Hi all,

Is has been a while there was a discussion other wether there will be support for the fiire chief in 0810.

My question would be : Is there already support for the fiire chief, because for what i can say, not all the buttons and function is working right now.

Is there a chance to get this working ?

Thnx,

Dave

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 05:11:54 pm »
dude... have you not been paying attention at all?

no. no support for the fiire chief until the hidinterface code can be rewritten.

-thom