Author Topic: How do i refresh slim server?  (Read 2749 times)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
How do i refresh slim server?
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:48:15 pm »
I have just finished copying all of my mp3s from my nas onto my media drive with MCE and am really pleased with the way it handles them.  The only problem im having is that neither my squeezebox or the slim server can see all of the songs.  Currently they both are only showing the artists/albums i have sent to the squeezebox via my orbiter.

Is there a way i can refresh the slimservers list?

I have tried rescanning from the Squeezebox itself but nothing changed as the slim server still only lists what its been sent by mce to play
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 06:56:10 pm by geekyhawkes »

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: How do i refresh slim server?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 11:14:47 pm »
With SqueezeCenter (the latest version of Slimserver) you need to connect to the SqueezeCenter itself as it is the management console, via http://192.168.80.1:9000 I think from memory... it is installed on your core, the core talks to it, and it talks to your squeeze devices. You can update the database from in there... but do note, that if you use the squeeze devices to choose songs, etc, LMCE won't know this and you will have some difficulties controlling them afterwards (like moving a song from device to device, as it isn't aware of that song, nor has a stream been set up for it)

geekyhawkes

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »
Thanks.  The screen I end up with is the same as if i go to Webadmin for MCE then Software/Slimserver.  Where with this should i be refreshing the music list?  I have tried selecting the obivous Music scan options but i always comes back with the same number of artist/songs as before the scan.  As a side note i have tried refreshing the Music list from the Squeezebox itself but that comes back with the same number of artists/songs.  Odd.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 07:34:57 pm by geekyhawkes »

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 07:21:58 am »
You may want to check and see that squeezecenter has the correct path to your existing music.  YOu can configure that in the server settings.