Author Topic: New LinuxMCE Remotes w/ Dongles for Sale - Sold but Possibly More OTW!  (Read 25112 times)

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Hello,

We've acquired several LinuxMCE GYCR3202US "Fiire Chief" Gyro remotes with GY1401-005 dongles from a company that went out of business. They are all new, include the remote, dongle, batteries and instruction manual. There are currently 22 with dongles but we have approx. 60 more without dongles and a source to have more made. A bulk sale is preferred but we may sell them individually for $119.95 which is $30 off the former $149.95 retail price. All remotes will be tested to ensure functionality (incl'd no drift) prior to shipping. To our knowledge, this is the last new batch of these remotes in existence so it will be first come first serve. Below are pictures of the actual product...

UPDATE: It appears that there is sufficient interest to sell the complete units individually at $119.95 plus $10 S&H to anywhere in the US. (We will also ship world wide for approx $35 USD.) If you are interested in purchasing them in bulk, you may wish to make an offer before they go. Thank you for your interest and they can be purchased at the following link. Get them while you can!

http://www.pcdesignlab.com/Order

-DaveL
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:27:47 pm by DaveL »

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: New LinuxMCE GYCR3202US Gyro Remotes for Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 08:37:34 pm »
Isnt that the generic dongle? The one that doesnt work with the follow me function?

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »
Isnt that the generic dongle? The one that doesnt work with the follow me function?

I do not know about Follow Me, but I know this remote won't work in 0810, without further development...

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »
The dongles have been programmed by the original mfg to function with this remote and have been verified to work with the latest version of LinuxMCE on our end. As far as 0810 compatibility is concerned, I have not seen any confirmation that it will not work and would assume that the current LinuxMCE drivers would be grandfathered into the new version. If not, then I'm sure the open source community can make it happen.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 08:52:16 pm »
The dongles have been programmed by the original mfg to function with this remote and have been verified to work with the latest version of LinuxMCE on our end. As far as 0810 compatibility is concerned, I have not seen any confirmation that it will not work and would assume that the current LinuxMCE drivers would be grandfathered into the new version. If not, then I'm sure the open source community can make it happen.

We've confirmed that these remotes will not work, currently, with 0810 unless a full re-write, of the code that supports this remote, is done... That isn't to say it won't work when we reach 'release'.

krys

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:01:07 pm »
What is the model number listed on the back of the dongle?
-Krys

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:05:28 pm »
What is the model number listed on the back of the dongle?
-Krys

Hi Krys,

They say, "Gyration GY1401-005". They were acquired from and programmed by Movea, Inc... formerly Gyration.

-DaveL

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 09:33:04 pm »
We've confirmed that these remotes will not work, currently, with 0810 unless a full re-write, of the code that supports this remote, is done... That isn't to say it won't work when we reach 'release'.

Thanks for the info. There are a lot of these remotes out there so I'm sure there would be interest in updating the code if needed.

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New LinuxMCE GYCR3202US "Fiire Chief" Remotes w/ Dongles for Sale
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, 12:07:06 am »
Individual remotes with dongles are now available for purchase. Please see the first post in this thread for updated info.

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 06:17:41 pm »
Bump... less than 20 left...

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 10:49:19 am »
Hi, do you have any of the fiire chief left?

Thx, ...

Patrick
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 07:08:54 pm »
Yup.... you can purchase them here...

http://www.pcdesignlab.com/Order

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »
I believe there are two of these new remotes with dongles left. Approx. 20 have been sold, orders shipped out by next business day, all are tested before sending and we have received no complaints. Get them before they're gone!

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
The complete remote w/ dongle units are sold out (thanks for your purchases!) but we may have more coming! An update will be posted here once we know for sure.

DaveL

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New LinuxMCE Remotes w/ Dongles for Sale - Sold but Possibly More OTW!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 12:21:39 am »
Sorry... all sold and no more can be found!