Author Topic: Java MO on a Nokia 5800 music xpress  (Read 8691 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Java MO on a Nokia 5800 music xpress
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 02:11:32 pm »
Okay I've got the size just about worked out, need to work on my scale factors. The virtual keypad is a setting of the phone (called a D-Pad). So now I get the whole screen with the UI but if I press any of the buttons nothing happens.

If I get time this week I might try to recompile the Symbian code against V5 like Hari suggested.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

One question is it possible to get follow me working with a bluetooth mobile orbiter?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 04:11:12 pm »
Pressing and holding a number key on the main screen turns on follow me for the orbiter. but this Only happens with the Symbian variation of the UI.

-Thom

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 05:55:00 pm »
Pressing and holding a number key on the main screen turns on follow me for the orbiter. but this Only happens with the Symbian variation of the UI.

-Thom

Sounds like another reason to try and recompile Hari's code for v5,

Thanks Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 06:12:44 pm »
You should ONLY use the symbian variation with those phones, because that variation has buttons that you need. It will need to be extended to handle touch screen phones...

And we may need to make new variations too..

This is odd though, I thought UIQ was supposed to be Symbian's touch screen variant, did all the touch stuff just get collapsed into Series 60?

(also what about Series 80, etc?)

hm...

-Thom