Author Topic: Java MO on a Nokia 5800 music xpress  (Read 8690 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Java MO on a Nokia 5800 music xpress
« on: May 07, 2009, 04:03:55 pm »
I have loaded the java Mo on my new Nokia 5800 music xpress but get a small screen and a virtual joystick and A,B,C,D buttons. This has a touchscreen with 360x640 resolution. Is it possible to get just the UI1 and use the touchscreen for control. I have tried all different settings in the web admin. Also I notice a field named rotation in the web admin. Would this allow me to rotate so the actual screen is 640x360? if so what are accepted values for this field.

Thanks

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Java MO on a Nokia 5800 music xpress
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:58:25 pm »
I think You have to put in pluto database corect screen size for Your 5800. That isnt hard, just a few command lines in Konsole. Check out my Wiki page in my signature, under Nokia 770 chapter You have a link how to put in the right resolution. After You edit DB, then You can choose the right resolution in Webadmin. When Youa re adding new resolution You will also assign the name so enter something You will remember when You will be in Webadmin->Orbiters . Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:12:13 pm by ivanp »

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 07:43:51 pm »
I'll give that a try tonight.

Will that allow me to use the touchscreen without the virtual joystick?

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:58:54 pm »
Will that allow me to use the touchscreen without the virtual joystick?

To be honest, i really dont know anything about JAVAMO :) if You read my wiki YOu would have seen that I am a complete Linux newbie but surfing here and wiki pages i learned a lot.
Since You have a touchscreen i dont see why You wouldnt be able to use it. I must say i have never seen that joystick You are talking about, so i cant say anything about it.
After You try putting in DB resolution give it a try and leave a feedback here.

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:53:56 am »
You'll have to adjust the UI and resolution to your liking in the web admin.
The JavaMO article in the wiki mentions this:
Go to the Orbiter in the pluto-admin web interface (select Orbiters in the Wizard on the left) Adapt the PK_UI, PK_Size and resolution values to match your phones display. If you have no touchscreen on the phone stick with symbian for PK_UI, otherwise choose the normal variant.

So, if you select UI1 as your UI, I think you should be able to use the touch screen. You will have to both regen your orbiter and reload after the regen has finished to apply your new selection.

br,
sambuca

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 12:01:26 pm »
Please let us know how you get on - am thinking of buying this phone soon myself.

Did you try with the automatic orbiter setup feature where you just switch on the bluetooth, and let it do it's thing? I.e. let LMCE find it, and just follow the onscreen instructions?
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 04:26:33 pm »
You'll have to adjust the UI and resolution to your liking in the web admin.
The JavaMO article in the wiki mentions this:
Go to the Orbiter in the pluto-admin web interface (select Orbiters in the Wizard on the left) Adapt the PK_UI, PK_Size and resolution values to match your phones display. If you have no touchscreen on the phone stick with symbian for PK_UI, otherwise choose the normal variant.

So, if you select UI1 as your UI, I think you should be able to use the touch screen. You will have to both regen your orbiter and reload after the regen has finished to apply your new selection.

br,
sambuca

I'm pretty sure I tried all of that. But I'll do it again tonight if I get a chance.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 04:30:56 pm »
Please let us know how you get on - am thinking of buying this phone soon myself.

Did you try with the automatic orbiter setup feature where you just switch on the bluetooth, and let it do it's thing? I.e. let LinuxMCE find it, and just follow the onscreen instructions?

Yes but this doesn't work with this phone. It is Symbian OS 5 or 6 and I believe LinuxMCE only supports version 2 or 3.

The phone has all the bluetooth and java apis needed. I am able to get an orbiter running just not the one I want. I can see the different UI's but always get a virtual joystic and call/end call keys which take up more than half the screen.

I will mess with it some more tonight hopefully.

I tried the web orbiter but it seems too slow over wifi.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 05:40:24 pm »
the app for v3 should run on v4 and v5

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 06:42:13 pm »
three cheers for Hari porting the MO to Symbian S60 v3 :D

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:58 pm »

br, Hari

Hari, I tried that and when I load it onto my phone I get a application not compatible error.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 11:18:30 pm »
By the way here is a pick of my phone running the JavaMO orbiter.

I will try some other things but how in the hell do I get rid of that virtual joystick and get touchscreen?
Thanks

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 11:02:37 am »
Well, the virtual joystick and ABCD buttons are not part of the JavaMO, so it must be something your phone decides to add. Maybe there is a setting on your phone to remove them?

Other than that, the size setting should still change the size of the MO, granted that your phone does not scale it in some bizarre way...

best regards,
sambuca

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 01:43:18 pm »

br, Hari

Hari, I tried that and when I load it onto my phone I get a application not compatible error.
then it needs to be recompiled for v4 and v5. From a code perspective there should be no changes.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

ivanp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 04:10:59 pm »
Well, the virtual joystick and ABCD buttons are not part of the JavaMO, so it must be something your phone decides to add. Maybe there is a setting on your phone to remove them?
I definetly agree with that, i installed JavaMO on more then 10 Nokias N95 and never seen that ABCD and joystick. Also, as Hari said, maybe it needs to be recompiled for v4 and v5.