Author Topic: mysql cpu usage  (Read 3297 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mysql cpu usage
« on: June 27, 2006, 08:42:55 am »
I've noticed over the past few weeks that when my pluto network is sitting idle, if I run 'top' mysql is constantly at the top of the list consuming 60 - 70% cpu. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Cheers,
-Kent

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mysql cpu usage
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:03:37 pm »
Don't have any ideea yet. You should enable mysql logging when the system goes like that again and create and bug report with the logs attached.

You can enable/disable the mysql logging by uncommenting/commenting this line from /etc/mysql/my.cnf :
Code: [Select]
log = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log

Also don't forget to restart mysql after you modify the my.cnf file :
Code: [Select]
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mysql cpu usage
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 06:02:08 pm »
Hi,

I spot same behaviour. I thought this comes from Media Update, but obviously there's something else going on. But it's hard to solve it (together with other problems) cause development version is far beyond what we have in 0.39....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mysql cpu usage
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 04:08:51 am »
It does indeed appear to be something to do with the Media Update stuff, as when I stop the UpdateMediaDaemon.sh script, the CPU usage drops back to virtually nothing.

When that script is running I get heaps of "SELECT psc_mod FROM File WHERE Path = '.....' ORDER BY psc_mod DESC LIMIT 1" queries to the database.

Bug report opened:
http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=2488

Cheers,
-Kent

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mysql cpu usage
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 09:35:57 am »
Good work, now we will asign the task to one of our developers and it will be fixed.