Author Topic: squeezebox  (Read 20108 times)

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: squeezebox
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 01:16:04 am »
It really shouldn't matter which terminal program you are using, as this is a function of the bash shell, however you could just try going to the KDE desktop and starting the terminal program in there. Also, can you try tab in a few other locations? It should do command completion as well as directory path completion. Try cd'ing into another directory using auto complete like Arabic Helene 1 (remember everything is case sensitive)... it is possible that completion won't work if it thinks the target is not a valid target, so try with a normal directory first.

You also didn't attempt to manually mount anything? (you only mention links above)

A _possible_ issue here is, UpdateMedia (used to create the media library) sometimes can scan folders that other methods fail on. If this was the case just for that Windows Share folder, but folders below it are fine, UpdateMedia will build your library correctly. Then when you browse and play the media on an MD, you aren't actually browsing the folders themselves, you are browsing the database, so any specific issues with particular folders would not be apparent. When you select and play a piece of media, the entire path is passed to the media player, and so potentially it could still be able to play the media even if there was an issue with the Windows Share folder. However, with Squeezebox, that same issue on that folder could prevent it from scanning inside the media folders, thus preventing it from seeing and playing your media.

Its a long shot, but I am still concerned that you don't seem to be able to cd into that folder, and there should be no issue with that. Can you please try cding into the same folder under the mnt?

ie cd /mnt/device/92/public/data/audio
I don't have any difficulty cding or lsing into those folders without having to sudo, so I think you should do an ls -al of /mnt and /mnt/device and /mnt/device/92 so we can see the permissions of each of these folders.

Finally, you haven't set up an upnp either on the NAS or LMCE, have you? I know allowing it to mount the same media shares by both methods can get things into a complete loop (literally!)

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 01:24:34 am »
Colin,
No i didn't setup pnp, and I didn't mount anything manually.

I'm going home now, I wil try the rest from home, I can cd to other folder fine like Arabic Helene 1 and see  the data

Here's the output
Code: [Select]
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ ls -al /mnt
total 12
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 2009-07-29 20:20 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4096 2009-07-29 20:20 ..
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root    0 2009-07-30 16:20 device
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 2009-07-04 19:34 upnp
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ ls -al /mnt/device
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 2009-07-30 16:20 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 2009-07-29 20:20 ..
drwxrwx--- 7  501  501    0 2009-06-17 23:15 92
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$ ls -al /mnt/device/92
ls: cannot open directory /mnt/device/92: Permission denied
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:28:38 am by ccoudsi »
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 04:38:15 am »
Colin,
I tried directly from terminal mode at the hybrid, the link color was red, I added admin username & password in the NAS & the shared folder in  webadmin I was able to switch at least to /mnt/device/92 without sudo but I can not see any files below that point, and when I rebooted the PC, on power up I got "CIFS VFS: send error in QFSAttributeInfo = -5"

Update1:
I removed the username & password & I rebooted, the NAS came back online, so I opened Dolphin and I was able to see all my NAS files using the following path:" /Network/Samba Share/Linuxmce/Dns-323 (Dlink-DNS323)/Multimedia/public/data/audio/"
If I try to go to "/root/mnt/device/92" using dolphin no files visible
If I try to go to "/Root/home/public/data/audio/Windows Share-Multimedia [92]" I get Open with pop up window

FYI Here's the output of the mount command
//192.168.80.139/Multimedia on /mnt/device/92 type cifs (rw,mand,unc=\\192.168.80.139\Multimedia,username=guest,posixpaths,acl,rsize=16384,wsize=57344)
linuxmce@dcerouter:~$

Update2:
I decided to go and start from scratch, I deleted from Webadmin the Share & NAS device, also I removed all entries in the "PnpQueue" table which I was surprised there was 95 rows!!! then I rebooted both Hybrid and NAS, it got detected by the pnp and used Multimedia share and reloaded the router, exactly the same results as we were having before !!!!
Any other suggestions??
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:39:05 pm by ccoudsi »
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 10:56:43 pm »
Just one question here, why my Windows Share always has the "Readonly" always checked?? I never put any restrictions during setup/configuration.
Anybody else having similar problem with NAS sharing???or only my setup???
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 11:43:26 pm »
I'm at a bit of a loss here....

First the permissions on that mount are the main issue you are having. You will note that it says the 92 folder has read/write/excute access for the user and group "501". But no access to "other" and that is the critical issue. On mine, I have read/write/excute access for user, group and other (open access) and the owner and groups are both "root" not "501" - I have no idea what "501" is, I am using 0710, if you are using 0810 then perhaps there was a change and someone else can suggest the reason why. But it doesn't make any sense to me. It is certainly what is preventing you lsing and cding into that folder without sudo, and could be implicated in the main issue.

Pigdog - can you check this on yours as well?

In the meantime, you could try manually overriding the permissions on that folder, this may resolve the problem, although it will tell us nothing about why you are having the problem in the first place. You can use chmod to change the permissions and chown to change the ownership.

sudo chmod ugo+rwx /mnt/device/92
sudo chown root:root /mnt/device/92

As for the pnpqueue - it is normal for that to have lots of entries... remember, in pnp the _initial_ detection of a new device is only a special case. pnp more generally is for detection of devices irrespective of whether they are new or not. For instance, as remote media shares (like NASes) come and go, the pnp system detects this and either makes the media available or hides it. So that table will continue to fill up, especially when you reload the router as this causes all devices to be rediscovered.

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:09 pm »
Colin,
I really thank you for spending time with me.
When I had 710 setup everything was working as expected, this issues started when I switched to 810.
The 95 rows were for the NAS only, BTW the NAS id is 102 after I reinstalled it here the output.
linuxmce@dcerouter:/home/public/data/audio$ cd /mnt/device/
linuxmce@dcerouter:/mnt/device$ ls -al
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root    0 2009-07-31 14:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 2009-07-30 21:22 ..
drwxrwx--- 7  501  501    0 2009-06-17 23:15 102
linuxmce@dcerouter:/mnt/device$ sudo chmod ugo+rwx 102
[sudo] password for linuxmce:
chmod: changing permissions of `102': Not a directory
linuxmce@dcerouter:/mnt/device$
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2009, 12:22:32 am »
hmm I logged into your core, I can see the same behaviour you are seeing with the chmod. On my 0710 it executes fine, but doesn't seem to change anything.... I am thinking this is because it is actually a mount point rather than a real directory (the underlying directory is currently hidden by the mounted share), and perhaps 0810 and 0710 handle this differently when you try to modify it. Which makes me think that the owner and permissions are coming from somewhere else... either the mount code or the remote share itself.

I am hoping that someone with greater knowledge on this will chime in soon! But I looked around your system, and couldn't find either a user or group called 501... is there any chance this has come from the NAS? I'm now thinking that the Squeezecenter software has not got the permissions to enter that folder, hence your issues... but that is a guess.

Your mount string is different from mine. Mine doesn't mention the posixpaths or acl options, but does specify uid and gid to be 0 which is what is setting my ownership to root:root

In particular, the acl option on yours I think may be the key... guessing here, but the manual page for mount seems to be suggesting that mount has determined that your NAS is an ex2/3 filesystem and so is attempting to use its permissions, groups and users instead of the core's, and that would be an obvious issue... if that is the case, then it would seem to be a bug in 0810's mounting system, it should force root:root (gid=0 uid=0) ... perhaps one of the devs is reading this?

Check to see if the NAS has a user and group of 501.... (can you ssh into it?)

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 12:32:36 am »
Colin,
The NAS, is connected on the inside network, I can only control the external network from the router, I will be home in couple hours to check it out.
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 06:18:03 am »
I was not able to ssh nor telnet to the D-link NAS, from the web interface there was one user I deleted the user and rebooted the NAS, same results, still shows user 501 on the /mnt/device/102 !!!
I doubled checked my core there is no user 501, it must be from the Dlink-323!!!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 08:09:11 am by ccoudsi »
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 08:53:37 am »
Time to start a new thread - the thread title is misleading and most people will not be coming in here and reading the updates.

Create a descriptive title (don't go overboard!), write a precis in your first post - talk only about this specific issue, what we have discovered, the permissions/ownership issue and the mount options that seem different in 0810. And ask for others to compare your results, and for recommendations on how you can override these options without breaking the automouting system so that you can check if that is the issue.

Then put a link in to this thread, for background. Now, go to the IRC channel, and ask for help - when someone puts their hand up, paste a link to your new thread and ask them to look at the brief description there...