Author Topic: Digium TDM400 Not working  (Read 3722 times)

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Digium TDM400 Not working
« on: March 11, 2009, 03:04:28 pm »
I have a Digium TDM400P card and I am not able to get it working at all.  I have LinuxMCE 7.10.  An ASUS motherboard which seems to work fine and I am using broadvoice.  I am able to make calls to and from a SIP phone but for some reason the TDM400 is not being recognized by the system   I have looked through the post and the FreePBX website without any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Most of the system is working.  I now have satellite STB control thanks to Thom.  But now I am stuck on the telecom portion of the system.  I am pretty much a neophyte still. 

Thanks
Randy

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Digium TDM400 Not working
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:45:42 pm »
did you load all required zaptel components?
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:23:51 pm »
Hi Hari,
Thanks for the response.  I have been reading your post for a long time on the z-wave stuff and I am happy to report that I got mine up and running without having to bother the forums.  Back to this problem.  I think the zaptel component is the problem.  I am not sure how to go about loading them.  I guess I am easily confused.  Is there a place I can find out how to do that?  I am pretty new to this but I am learning all the time.  Thanks for your help.

Randy

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
unfortunately, I had never one of those zaptel cards myself. I was using zaphfc for some time. First look at this to get background information: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Zaptel+Installation
ignore the steps about compiling and such, if i remember correctly we should ship all pieces. Look at the install section in that wiki to compare if all needed modules are available and loaded for your card. A bit below there is a "testing and status.." section, it shows some helpful commands to further diagnose the problem. Work bottom up, so make sure the kernel drivers are there, then verify if the channel is there, then check your extensions...

Please report back and do not hesitate to ask if you encounter any problems, I'm sure we can get this to work, and the card would be usable for some scenarios.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 01:49:53 am »
There is some manual config involved to get it working, follow my guide for X100P in the sipura thread, page 5 i think...it should be insightful to get you going.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 04:25:11 am »
Any updates on getting the TDM400 card working?

rndinokc

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 04:21:08 pm »
So far I have not been able to get it working.  I did not have any available slots on the core at the moment so I am putting together a little test system to play with.  The wife gets a little annoyed when things quit working.  I will post updates. 
Thanks,
Randy

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 04:23:51 pm »
So far I have not been able to get it working.  I did not have any available slots on the core at the moment so I am putting together a little test system to play with.  The wife gets a little annoyed when things quit working.  I will post updates. 
Thanks,
Randy

Thanks for the follow-up... I look forward to hearing your results.