Author Topic: IP Controllers and Network Devices  (Read 25863 times)

vgoxon

• View Profile
Re: IP Controllers and Network Devices now taking orders!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 12:27:21 am »
Hi All, Been busy working away and have some news!

We are doing a run of 50 T1 controllers, the spec is:
6 IR Outputs
1 IR receiver (for learning codes)
4 RS232 Serial Ports
1 RS485 Serial Port
4 x Relay (10amp 240v)
4 Contact closer inputs

These now have an open API which lets you use the ports as ip gateway type so send a code and it comes out, nice and easy, or there is now a web setup on board where you can learn IR codes manage serial strings ect then just call simple custom strings.

As these units a new we are offering them for £150 each, with life time firmware upgrades and support. Normal price will be £200. of the 50 there are still a few left, shipping will be 18 August. If you would like more information or to order one or some, please message me and we can make arrangement.
Thanks g

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: IP Controllers and Network Devices
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 12:35:09 am »
if you send me one as test sample I could prolly be convinced to do a proof of concept driver (see the Lantronix and the IRTrans ethernet template)

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

vgoxon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:57 pm »
Hari,
Thanks for the offer, please PM me your address and i will send you one, i thought some one would offer a driver for sample and happy to do one for you as you've asked, really appreciate the support.

other wise we have 18 left of the 50, well 17 now.

cheers
g

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 03:52:34 pm »
As these units a new we are offering them for £150 each, with life time firmware upgrades and support. Normal price will be £200.

... so a new build is underway, wireless or wired ip, 2x ir 2xrs232 2xrelay  temp sensor and 6 button inputs, price... hopefully $100 ish. when i say ish i mean in the range of 10% so more inline with the market i would hope!, the wifi might be a drop more as a few more parts.

How unfortunate that the price went from 100ish USD to 200GBP

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 04:38:59 pm »
pm sent.

br, Hari

qball4

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 05:02:59 pm »
200GBP = US$325

Love the concept, but in order to make the purchase worthwhile you really need to use ALL of the T1's features. At $100ish I'd pick one up in a heartbeat, though.

:Matt

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 12:57:02 am »
if you send me one as test sample I could prolly be convinced to do a proof of concept driver (see the Lantronix and the IRTrans ethernet template)

br, Hari
Hi hari,

I spotted you mention IRTrans template. Is it in 710 and 810 ? Any more info somewhere ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 01:13:51 am »
For the last time, anyone asking:

WE ARE NOT DOING ANY DEV WORK ON 0710. WE ARE NOT COMPILING DEVICES FOR 0710. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING DEVICE TEMPLATES FOR 0710. WE CAN'T.

Basically...

This means, all of you... yes... ALL OF YOU.... that are still on 0710, need to migrate to 0810 to get new features.

-Thom

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »
Hi Bulek,

I spotted you mention IRTrans template. Is it in 710 and 810 ? Any more info somewhere ?

The usb irtrans is plug and play in 0710, I've tested it. Pluto did the DCE device for it. Unfortunately ddamron is too lazy to send tschak the sample unit... (hari looks very angry @ ddamron)

The ethernet irtrans is for 0810 as tschak said. The device template itself is not really complicated. Should be fairly easy to create one on 0710 and compile the dce device against.

br, Hari

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 10:44:59 pm »
Hi Bulek,

The usb irtrans is plug and play in 0710, I've tested it. Pluto did the DCE device for it. Unfortunately ddamron is too lazy to send tschak the sample unit... (hari looks very angry @ ddamron)

The ethernet irtrans is for 0810 as tschak said. The device template itself is not really complicated. Should be fairly easy to create one on 0710 and compile the dce device against.

br, Hari
Thanks for info, I have Ethernet version so I guess will try on 8.10.

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

vgoxon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:56 pm »
As these units a new we are offering them for £150 each, with life time firmware upgrades and support. Normal price will be £200.

... so a new build is underway, wireless or wired ip, 2x ir 2xrs232 2xrelay  temp sensor and 6 button inputs, price... hopefully $100 ish. when i say ish i mean in the range of 10% so more inline with the market i would hope!, the wifi might be a drop more as a few more parts.

How unfortunate that the price went from 100ish USD to 200GBP

It is indeed unfortunate, there is a cut down version coming as above (wireless or wired ip, 2x ir 2xrs232 2xrelay  temp sensor and 6 button inputs) but it is still going to be about £100, i know that's not $100, but at least the old £ is less in US $ then it was!.
If some one slaps an order on us for 250 units the price will come down, it's that old game, I'm going to Hong Kong in a few weeks partly going to check out some factories, so you never know.
the good news is we've pre sold a lot of t1's, so hopefully there is the demand that will in turn push the price down.

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 07:12:14 pm »
@hari

did you ever receive this device?

how is it working out,

Richard

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God