Author Topic: cant get signal or xmltv  (Read 6824 times)

JDFire

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: cant get signal or xmltv
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 12:52:41 am »
Yes please provide the error you get when you startx. Also please upgrade to the drivers Totallymaxed advised. I might have had a similar issue with another ubuntu system that might be related to what you are having.

broadleon

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 02:19:09 am »
ok update i've managed to get linuxmce back up and running to a certian point, i used esc at the grub menu hit recovery mode then selected the repair xserver

then hit resume normal boot, this then took me in to linuxmce i undo the changes i made in the core and rebooted. System restarts back to linucmce with orbitor, ok i thought back to square one but just as i was trying to enter kde desktop the screen went blank.

So i slapped the keyboard in rage a couple of times and the screen came back on tried to go to kde desktop screen went off ?

I rebooted the computer it worked ok this time, got to the kde desktop checked hardware drivers i see a 180 driver available so i activate and restart.

I'm now back to the screen going blank  i have to press f6 f7 or f8 to get the display to come back on, but it wont stay on fo long .
Is there a easy way to install this 180.60 driver from desktop?

Thanks

Leon
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:50:24 pm by broadleon »

broadleon

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 11:30:50 am »
Hi all

i have managed to install the 180.60 Nvidia driver from this http://tuxicity.wordpress.com/2008/06/04/howto-install-nvidia-manually-in-ubuntu-and-debian/
 However its doesnt work. on reboot it trys to load up kdm but graphics fail, i will take this to the kubuntu forum for a solution

Leon

broadleon

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
yeah ! i managed to linuxmce 0810 working im using the 177 nvida reconmended driver i dont know if thats going to be a problem,

However i've run into problem ive googled it and cant find a answer; i run mythtv setup did usual setup cards and so on, mythtv told me cant find listings and run mythfilldatabase --manual,  so i did, it threw out a couple of errors and shut.

So from kde i run mythtv backend, it wants to create a database, it asks for language, then shows me it settings, i.e localhost, ping database, database name and so on, i just click next it fails to ping so i carry on,  it can't connect to database or create table from my guess.  i checked mysql to see if table mythconverg.mythtv is there and its not.

What do i do?

leon