Author Topic: DMX512 protocol  (Read 2160 times)

rhyolite

• First post!
    • View Profile
DMX512 protocol
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:59 pm »
Hi there,

total new to the MCE stuff, discovered it a couple of days ago and now planning to intergrate
it totally in my house. We are doing a complete renovation overhere so planning cables, camera's for security,
mic's for future voice recognition, bluetooth or whatever can be put in/behind the walls :)
I'm also planning to do some cewl lightning stuff, my friend is the guy behind the ARFX stuff (i'm not spamming now :) )
and i know his devices doesn't fully function with linux, but i know it can work with the professional DMX protocol.

In this case I definatly prefer DMX above X10 because of the several colors/effect/fades etc ...

Is it possible to control DMX light through linuxMCE ? also colors? lets say, by remote, turning on light in the bedroom,
and select color blue ? or a predefined color fade ? dim it ? etc ??

I know misterhouse does control DMX lights. If LMCE doesn't support DMX, is it possible to intergrate MH? or run it next
to LMCE? same machine or a second one ?

I know, lot of questions in one post, but as said, i'm currently deciding what pieces to put togheter to get my house
do exactly what i want. And keep the "KISS" spirit high :)

TIA  :)

Grtz,

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: DMX512 protocol
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 11:42:02 pm »
Hello and welcome to LinuxMCE

LinuxMCE can be made to control ANY device, IF the protocol is open and interfaces are available.