Author Topic: Gyration Remotes, Anyone Interested?  (Read 5911 times)

elspic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Gyration Remotes, Anyone Interested?
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:44:45 am »
I'm handling selling all of the computer equipment from an abandoned business and came across a stash of gyration remotes with receivers that I might be able to call first dibs on if anyone else is interested. I'm definitely grabbing one for myself but should be able to grab 5 or 6 more sets. I do have to sell them for the person I'm working for, but I figure I can get away with getting rid of them for $80usd, including shipping to anywhere in the u.s. Shipping overseas would be a little extra. Anyone who is interested, please PM me soon so I can be sure to set enough aside. I'm not sure which model they are exactly; I'll check for sure when I get back to the building this weekend.

-elspic

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Gyration Remotes, Anyone Interested?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:51:32 pm »
could you verify if this is the GYR3101US model?

elspic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 05:18:52 am »
After grabbing one of the remotes, I can say that they are the GYR3101US units. I actually also grabbed one from fry's to compare and they're the same thing. I've got 5 of these with rf receivers and 2 without. Even without, this thing is an awesome universal/learning remote. I'm pretty sure the rf receiver that the mouse portion uses isn't specific at all and any receiver will work with any gyration remote/mouse combo. I've got to get them moved fairly quickly, so any that I don't have someone at least committed to buy (within the next week or so) by monday morning, I'll probably list on ebay.

$85 for a remote and receiver
$65 for just the remote (receivers are available on ebay, or will work with a gyration mouse receiver)

prices include shipping within the U.S., international shipping available for an extra charge.

Anyone who wants one and can send payment within the next week, just send me a PM before monday morning.

-elspic
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 05:21:16 am by elspic »

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 12:50:58 pm »
how much would shipping to EU be?

are yours new cause the link on the wiki to amazon shows about the same price:

http://www.amazon.com/Gyration-GYR3101US-Media-Center-Remote/dp/B000O7IHOK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240086060&sr=8-1

elspic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 05:23:31 pm »
I'm not going to say that they're "New" because I don't know they are for a fact. I was going through cabinets and found them wrapped in bubble wrap in a box. None of them that I've looked at have any blemishes; the one I grabbed from there is actually in better condition than the one I got from fry's since that was an open-box. They all look new and the one I took to test works beautifully, much better than I was even expecting.

Amazon's international shipping rates that I could find (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_596184_ways?nodeId=596194) looks like it would be 29.99 + 5.99/lb, so about $110 for the remote including shipping; if they'll ship to europe. I tried to add a hotel near the eiffel tower as one of my addresses and it wouldn't let me ship there due to "geographical restrictions" (https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/browse/-/468634/pop-up/ref=ord_cisa_isr). Then again, I might have just not had something correct.

You didn't say where in the EU, so using the USPS postage calculator, I just used germany and figure that should be a good estimate. So, for international prices:

$75 for a remote and receiver
$60 for just the remote (receivers are available on ebay, or will work with any gyration mouse receiver)

plus shipping:
First Class (No Tracking): $20
Priority 6-10 Days: $30
Express 5 Days: $40
Express 1-3 Days: $80

That means the cheapest option to europe would be $95 for the pair.

-elspic

donpaul

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 07:26:17 am »

$65 for just the remote (receivers are available on ebay, or will work with a gyration mouse receiver)

The gyration remote will not work properly with the mouse receiver. Only the mouse functions work.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 04:29:52 pm »
Interestingly enough, a keyboard from the mouse package will work with the MCR dongle ;)

-Thom

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 07:13:55 am »
As a warning to any others that may come into contact with this person, they are untrustworthy and should be avoided at all costs. I paid for a remote and never received it, and now have a closed case with paypal in my favor but unable to recover funds. If anyone else has had a similar experience or has any contact info for this person other than email, please post here or PM me or a moderator. This information would be invaluable in pursuing a fraud charge.