Archive > Xine Plugin

How is xine used in Pluto ?

<< < (3/3)

archived:
Hi,

thanks for response.

--- Quote from: "xine in pluto" ---Hi Rob,

There are technical issues that might prevent you from using more xine players to accomplish what you want.
   First:
      - The Xine players share the same config. This should be changes first and paramterized per instance (the Device Data that aaron told you about).
      - The Xine players need to know if they are going to be used as audio and/or video players. (This is to avoid creating the Video ports and windows on the X server in order to be able to run on a headless box).

--- End quote ---

Do you have any idea how hard that would be ?

I'll probably try to do it: I think I know where to start for first, but have no clue about second.

I'd kindly aks for few short answers:
- how do you start xine ? thought xine-lib, system(), or third way ?
- do know how to start xine without any video resources ? I tried from command line  -H -I , but still wants to open window (it says: cannot open window).

--- Quote from: "xine in pluto" ---
   After those issues are fixed you will be able to use multiple Xine Player's on a media director for multiple audio zones.

----snip --------

The first this is the more usefull thing because it can help people like yourself to enjoy whole house audio without expensive investments in SqueezeBoxes. I'll put those fixes on my list and try to fix then as soon as possible.

If you want to contact me directly i have the mtoader YM id.

Sincerely,
   ToMiC

--- End quote ---

I've been thinking of alsaplayer - it would be easy to write audio player but syncing with other media players doesn't exist (like boradcast to all media directors, etc...) . Cause of that I decided to go xine route cause of syncing with slimserver and other media players, so you can distribute same sound to on or more xine player. Could you please describe what features do work and what don't - specially with slimserver, volume controls, ... ?

I'll keep this discussion open, maybe someone else is also interested...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived:
Hi Rob,

We are using xine-lib to instantiate xine and use it in our player. You can view the Xine_Player as a xine frontend controlled by pluto. The code is in the Xine_Player device (in the XineSlaveWrapper.{cpp,h} class), the player just forwards the command to the XineSlaveWrapper instance.

The xine ui will always creates an window i think since the code that i used to create the Xine Player in the first place is mimiched after the sample UI application from the xine-lib distributin and this will always try to create a window (2 windows actually). My guess is that it will always try to create one.  

The slim server intergration should work pretty well with SqueezeBoxes but is not that usable yet with the Xine Player.

Sincerely,
   ToMiC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version