Author Topic: Link to windows dlls and exes is not working  (Read 6853 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Link to windows dlls and exes is not working
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:36:25 am »
Hi,

I've tried to download windows collection of dll and exes on

http://plutohome.com/download/installers/windows/winbin.zip

but link is dead.

Also I've read that you're currently seeking for Mythtv solution for Windows. I guess you are already aware of DSMyth and WinMyth ?

Regards,

Robert.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:51:57 am »
Apologies on the broken link.  It is fixed now.

We haven't had a chance to look at the Windows PVR solutions.   If WinMyth is functionally similar to the Linux version, it will probably be quite easy to get  it working.  There are only 2 devices involved, and they are both quite small: The MythTV-Plugin is the plugin which is loaded into the DCE Router and handles the communication with the mythbackend, and coordinates everything with all the players.  The MythTV Player is the DCE device that runs on the media pc itself and communicates with the Myth Front end.

There's not a lot of code (less than 1,000 lines), and in both cases, 90% of the code is generic.  In the Plug-in, much of the code is building the datagrids to show the program guide.  If WinMyth uses the same database schema, that code will work the same without any changes.

So, I think it will be really easy to get it going with WinMyth.  However, our focus right now is on finishing up the Linux implementation, since we still have several missing pieces.  We'll be able to put more attention to the Windows aspects in about a month or so.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 11:42:46 am »
Quote from: "aaron.b"
Apologies on the broken link.  It is fixed now.

We haven't had a chance to look at the Windows PVR solutions.   If WinMyth is functionally similar to the Linux version, it will probably be quite easy to get  it working.  There are only 2 devices involved, and they are both quite small: The MythTV-Plugin is the plugin which is loaded into the DCE Router and handles the communication with the mythbackend, and coordinates everything with all the players.  The MythTV Player is the DCE device that runs on the media pc itself and communicates with the Myth Front end.

There's not a lot of code (less than 1,000 lines), and in both cases, 90% of the code is generic.  In the Plug-in, much of the code is building the datagrids to show the program guide.  If WinMyth uses the same database schema, that code will work the same without any changes.

So, I think it will be really easy to get it going with WinMyth.  However, our focus right now is on finishing up the Linux implementation, since we still have several missing pieces.  We'll be able to put more attention to the Windows aspects in about a month or so.

Hi,

thanks for info. I'm user of both apps (for version 0.15) and can comment a little further:
- DSMyth seem to be Directshow filter for accessing files from mythbackend. That means you for instance just type myth://live and you get live tv played in wmp. Through that you can also access recorded movies - of course you also need proper codecs installed.

- Winmyth is just simple GUI wrapper around that. I guess it accesses recordings infor and displays it in own window.

Sources for both applications are available, so when the time comes, Windows Mythtv frontend will quickly get into shape.

Regards,

Robert.