Author Topic: AVWizard Issues  (Read 3278 times)

TheCAG

• View Profile
AVWizard Issues
« on: April 27, 2009, 06:10:11 pm »
I noticed two problems with the AVWizard yesterday while reinstalling LinuxMCE from scratch.

First, I was unhappy with how I adjusted the image size in Step 4 of the AVWizard and I wanted to go back and do it again but the AVWizard would not allow me to go back. There are no back buttons in the AVWizard and clicking on the tabs at the top does not work either. So I continued on with the AVWizard hoping that at the end, I could select the "I do not agree" button in Step 9 and hopefully I would get the chance to start the whole AVWizard over again. When I got to Step 9 and clicked the "I do not agree" button at the end, I was not able to rerun the AVWizard. The LinuxMCE install moved on to the next step and I was stuck with the default video settings which ended up causing me problems later. So I chose to start the entire reinstall again.

The second issue I saw was that in Step 9 of the AVWizard was the Screen Resolution displayed 4:3 even though I had selected 720P(16:9) in step 1. I believe the video setting was correctly displaying 16:9 but the summary in Step 9 indicated it was 4:3. I believe this issue was reported previously, but I thought I would report that it is still an issue.

Pnuts

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: AVWizard Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »
also, if you do not like the choices you made in the AVWizard, on a restart, you can hold shift after hearing the tones and it will launch the AVWizard again after it finishes booting.

UNi

• Veteran
  • Would you like Cheese with that Whine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:01:55 pm »
If you install an Orbiter, such as the Windows Orbiter, you can restart the AV Wizard from within it (think it's under "Advanced")...

TheCAG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:20 pm »
I am using LinuxMCE with Kubuntu 7.10 v. Sorry about that.

Thanks for info.

colinjones

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:50:54 am »
TheCAG - both those issues are normal behaviour for the AV Wizard and they have been that way since 0704 at least. Shouldn't be, but a minor issue really. The 4:3 always says that, just ignore it... if you chose a 16:9 resolution then it will be in that AR. And someone has already told you how to get back to the AV Wizard.

Col.