Author Topic: iPhone/iPod Touch Orbiter?  (Read 63008 times)

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone/iPod Touch Orbiter?
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2010, 10:41:46 pm »
Once/if I get the iphone version running the way I want, I will probably make an ipad variant, replacing the navigation controllers with a split view controller.

But the ipad is a different beast altogether, and IMHO the perfect platform to run a full-blown orbiter. I won't be able to code that though, and I hope some brave souls will give it a go.

The web interface should work well too, I'll try in the simulator to get a first feeling. But nothing like a native app on the wonderful apple devices ;)

jeffr76

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Fissato Hosting
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »
I am game to help with the IPad, i will be getting one when they go on sale
Core/hybrid
ASUS M2NPV-VM AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Brisbane 2.7GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADO5200DOBOX
n

marrandy

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:58 pm »
Don't forget that Android is not just phones but other device like tablets.

2009 was the main start for android phones and pretty much every manufacturer will produce at least one, bar Apple of course, in 2010.  Motorola is pushing to be the Android leader.

Various online commentators think that over 50% of phone sales in 2010 will be smartphones and of those, 50% or more are likely to be Android based phones.

MSI Android tablet was released, but not yet available, before the iPad and Haleron iLet 10 is coming.  Archos already runs Android.

Its going to be an exciting year.  Running Android based systems as orbiters and MD's needs to be addressed as well as the Iphone/iPad.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 08:18:56 pm by marrandy »

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:59 am »
I think you'll really have to jump through some hoops to get it on the app store; from what I understand Apple won't allow any apps that use unix or ssh (look into why there are no emulators on the app store; it's more than just licensing problems with game companies).
Maybe the better way would be to host a non-flash website from the core with the appropriate resolution--then when the iPad comes around it would be very easy to create a dedicated version for it as well. That or host a Cydia repository for jailbroken iPhones.

I have an iPhone and an iPad emulator with Safari (available in the new sdk for free- you can torrent it too) so if anyone wants me to help I can certainly handle some testing.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2010, 06:20:59 am »
Caiman:  I've got a jailbroken device that is waiting to test you're progress.

fastie81

• Veteran
  • SSDD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2010, 07:50:23 am »
Hi
I also have a JB iPhone.
Would love to get it tested.
C

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2010, 05:55:50 pm »
Well if anyone wants to develop a locally hosted HTML version of the orbiter I can make a simple app to open straight into the web page full screen... Safari takes up about an inch of screen space and has auto rotate which is kinda a pain considering orbiters are in landscape all the time.

you have code for to activate fullscreen?
Please post it. or send it as a pm to me.
I´m researching how to enable bi directional communication with from lmce <-> browser.

/niz23

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »
Caliman, can you post your code somewhere, I've been wanting this for a long time and would like to take a look at what you've got so far and see if there's anything I can do to help.

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2010, 10:44:19 am »
Well if anyone wants to develop a locally hosted HTML version of the orbiter I can make a simple app to open straight into the web page full screen... Safari takes up about an inch of screen space and has auto rotate which is kinda a pain considering orbiters are in landscape all the time.

I´m researching how to enable bi directional communication with from lmce <-> browser.

/niz23

Answer is. Add the line below to your html code.

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" />

Browse to webpage from iPhone and save it as a homescreen bookmark.
Launch from homescreen(is launched in it´s own process) and webpage is displayed in fullscreen except for top
graphics in iPhone like 3G, wlan status etc that is still shown.
Don´t know if it´s possible to hide that part too.

/niz23

Tred

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2010, 11:19:48 pm »

/niz23

Sorry I didn't mean get rid of the menu bar I just thought I'd use the WebView UI and just open right into the web page:
NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:@"http://192.168.80.1/Orbiter_iPhone"];

Or something like that...
If we need any more then that I'm really not your guy I just didn't realize anyone else had experience with SDK; not that it's that hard, gotta love apple's function names!

maxwellb

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2010, 03:18:58 am »
Bit late to this thread, but I'd be happy to pay $50.00 for a functional LinuxMCE orbiter.  :)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2010, 05:43:40 pm »
Someone please show something, I've seen a few people claiming to have started on this, but then they disappear.  As I've said before I can help with this, but I don't want to double up on work, and don't have the time to put into the whole project.  If you've really started please host code somewhere or show something tangible so we know you aren't just wasting everyone's time.  The android orbiter seems to be in the same state, and there is allegedly code to use the PS3 as a MD. but that never surfaced either.  IF YOU HAVE CODE HOST IT SO IT DOES NOT GET LOST!

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2010, 04:23:26 pm »
With almost 8,000 views, this is now the 9th most viewed thread on the forum.  This is clearly attracting a lot of attention... Please document your work on the wiki, share your code if you have some, and clearly document the build and setup procedure so people can play with it.

Publishing your work will encourage more people to get involved with this effort so we can have something finished.  No one wants to duplicate work - anyone who says they have something running, but doesn't document or share it is discouraging others from contributing, which is counterproductive on many levels.

This is an open source project - share your work, please.

bobbshields

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »
I'd buy that iphone app too! I'd even help code and test to the best of my abilities...

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2010, 10:14:18 pm »
LmceRemote (not an orbiter) is almost there. See http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LmceRemote